Problems with Wii and Zelda bonus disc

Cobra80008

"Wiicoholic"
Nov 13, 2007
New Jersey
Wii Online Code
6978-0780-7386-7948
I've been playing the original zelda off of the zelda bonus disc on my wii and theres 2 problems:

1) When I use my component cable, it ask me if I want to turn on progressive scan mode. If I say yes it's fine. If I say no then it brings me to the menu as normal and majoras mask and OOT work fine but if you select The Legend of Zelda or Zelda II: The Adventures of Link you can hear the music and no picture appears, as well as when you turn off the wii and go back to the wii menu the picture is in 480i instead of 480p and you have to go into the menu and change it.

2) On screens with a high number of polygons / things happening the game lags very noticabbly with both the Component with the progressive scan turned on obviously and the regular composite cable. For example if you go into level 8 and go up 2 screens. It has about 8 guys and fireballs shooting from 4 corners and if you shoot the magic wand it really lags. It's very weird almost like the wii's graphics card doesn't have enough processing power to well process it. It's exactly like running a high end pc game with an inferior graphics card.

I was wondering if anyone else has had these problems as well, and If so have they happened on a GCN as well? Any idea how to fix these problems would be appreciated.

P.S. I'm new here, and I didn't see a technical support forum and I wasn't sure whether to put this thread in the wii forum or this forum so I put it in here, so mods be nice please.

Back