Processor Question

Wiinoob

WiiChat Member
Dec 12, 2006
Burbank, CA
Wii Online Code
7718-5218-4582-5195
Hi, i am getting a new computer soon and I was wondering, should I get an AMD Athlon FX-57 single core processor or should I get one of those new dual core processors? I don't think many games are currenty supported by dual core but I know they will be in the future. I want to play games like counter-strike and also newer games. What do you think I should do?

Wiinoob said:
Hi, i am getting a new computer soon and I was wondering, should I get an AMD Athlon FX-57 single core processor or should I get one of those new dual core processors? I don't think many games are currenty supported by dual core but I know they will be in the future. I want to play games like counter-strike and also newer games. What do you think I should do?

Get an amd dual-core. My work bought me a PC with one and it runs much better (faster and smoother) than my personal single-core PC.

yeah but im afraid that the dual core wont play a lot of the games that I want, like cs

Wiinoob said:
yeah but im afraid that the dual core wont play a lot of the games that I want, like cs

Anything runs on a dual-core. Windows XP and Vista spreads the load automatically. There is nothing that the games have to do.

I have read a lot of articles saying most games arent supported by dual core technology because it is too advanced or something

Got a source for that so called information?

If the software hasn't been utilised for dual core proccesors, then it won't run as fast as it CAN, but will still run fine.

It'll run..

I'd go with a dual core.. AMD X2, go online to your motherboard manufacturers website and check to see which CPUs it'll support first though.

We've purchased about 600 AMD Athlon X2 4400+'s for the people I support at work, they run great.

if you have a duel core and your game doesnt support it, it just means it will only use 1 core instead of both

Just wondering, how about your video card? A nice processor doesn't mean guarentee you'll be able to play the latest games (ex. SM3.0, DX10). Although dual cores aren't used in most games, it's not just about the games. With dual cores, you'll be able to do more without lagging up the computer. For example, you can have CS:S take up one processor while you have PS and the system using the other processor. You can do more things at the same time, like unzipping stuff while you pwn someone.

Back