Processor Question

csiguy4u said:
Nope. Why, do they have well paying job openings?

I'm assuming you're talking about something in the IT field.. so let me answer with this emoticon I find rather appropriate

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

fistpittingnork said:
I'm assuming you're talking about something in the IT field.. so let me answer with this emoticon I find rather appropriate

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah, I actually work for Hertz Car Rental in their Data Center. Not exactly high-paying for an IT job though.

I'm a network admin, working for Lockheed Martin, had to pass 1,000,000 security exams due to "top secret" info found on some computers, supporting the largest and busiest group on Tinker (engines), and maintaining the world's largest active directory database... that description alone would expect to bring in large sums... ...HA!

But without knowing what you're paid, it's hard for me to suggest dropping Hertz for the gov't. So without asking for a copy of your paystub, I'll just say under the contract I'm on right now, depending on your skill level, you will start out at appx $25,000 for level 3, $34,000 for level 2, and $44 for level 1.

I'm about to get another promotion and still the pay I'll be making, can be raised by 30% working elsewhere, and more often than not, you'd be doing close to half the work.

I'm mainly staying there because it looks good on a resume, the workload is borderline overpowering, which makes for great experience, especially when that experience is tied into a gov't position.

There are other IT contracts and employees out there though, so I can only speak for workers under my contract, which is probably the majority of IT employees (contractors atleast) out there.

If you're familiar with the area, go to the Civilian Employment Center located just outside of the main gate on Douglas Blvd, or go to www.usajobs.gov and see what they have posted.

umm why are you guys posting something that has nothing to do with my question??? :nono:

Back