Project M Discussion Thread

But Roy's game is completely different.
He is not the king of punishment and spacing like Marth.
But his moveset is similar to Marth's. I'm talking about movesets right now.

In the past, I used to play both Link and Toon Link for the minor changes in movesets. But I recently quit on Toon Link.
I will probably do the same for Marth and Roy, if Roy turns out to be like vBrawl Marth. Hopefully he won't turn out like P:M Marth.

But his moveset is similar to Marth's. I'm talking about movesets right now.

In the past, I used to play both Link and Toon Link for the minor changes in movesets. But I recently quit on Toon Link.
I will probably do the same for Marth and Roy, if Roy turns out to be like vBrawl Marth. Hopefully he won't turn out like P:M Marth.
Nah, his moveset may look similar but it's very different. Like Falco and Fox. I don't see Falco using his shine as a edgegaurding tool.

That's because Falco and Fox's movesets are different.

Roy's moveset looks a lot closer to Marth's than any other characters I can think of right now.
It's not like I'm comparing Falcon to Ganon, Roy and Marth actually look similar.

Look similar but play completely different. Remember, Marth is the King of Punishment - Roy is not because he lacks really powerful edge tippers.

Alright, Marth (may) be better at punishing than he is, but I'm not saying Roy can't be too bad at it himself.

Although their playstyle is different, it won't be too different, I hope.
There will be differences, and noticeable ones to say the least, but they will have a lot of similarities as well. More similarities than differences.

I wonder if texture hackers are going to make Roy Texture Hacks, because I do like his Awakening art.

Also, when is cBliss going to be integrated with Project M if it is going to be at all?

Alright, Marth (may) be better at punishing than he is, but I'm not saying Roy can't be too bad at it himself.

Although their playstyle is different, it won't be too different, I hope.
There will be differences, and noticeable ones to say the least, but they will have a lot of similarities as well. More similarities than differences.

Roy in Melee was ass. He had terrible recovery, fewer gimp/KO options, slower, heavier. His tipper is his bottom half of the blade, which lead to dangerous approach and spacing. Marth was better in every aspect. I'm extremely glad to see him in PM though because he obviously will get a buff and I'm interested to see how versatile our boy will really be.

Well, that was a painful experience.

First time I played against a human, first time I played online (With intercontinental lag)

It was very educational though.

Correct.

Roy is probably a more grounded Marth.

And yet one'a his trailer highlights was a vastly improved aerial game.

I have always prefered Marth but if Roy is the only one who is getting an improvement, I think I will switch to Roy.

I preferred Marth in Melee solely for style points. I, for one, can appreciate the princely charm of Falchion's bearer. i am not gay stfu

That doesn't mean Roy's game will be completely different from Marth's.

Roy's game is completely different from Marth's in Melee. It will be even moreso in P:M with all'a the changes 'n upgrades he's gettin'.

'Karp, you should Eliwood

but i alredy did a long time ago

I'm gonna ban you for bein' a thick-headed n00b, 'Karp damnit.

MR, are you having trouble texturing P:M Marth's Side-B slashes? Because I definitely am.

Twice have I tried saving, re-exporting and replacing, but he always uses TexMarthSwoadTrace as his Side-B instead of TexMarthCombiHi/Low/Mid.
Halp? Oh yeah, and, the Shield Breaker works fine. It's just his Side-B. I don't know why P:M's files are doing this to me, it worked fine in vBrawl.

Oh he means Marth?
Well, I think it just might be a glitch. It happens sometimes. Make sure your files are in the correct format or else they wont show. Also, only a few colors work for that format

BTW IMO Marth > Roy

Back