PSP vs. DS

GamerCon said:
Well the DS Lite wasnt even close to and improvment. The DS Phat was dying and they needed to save it. Its got nothing new, just smaller. At least the PSP is trying to get better.
well, the DS Phat didn't have any actual problems, it was just a lack of good games. seeing as how countless shooters are being put on the PSP and there's no second analog stick, they should have solved that problem, not just copy Nintendo again.

yes, Sony's trying. but they should leave handhelds to Nintendo and stick with what they're good at: consoles.

GamerCon said:
Well the DS Lite wasnt even close to and improvment. The DS Phat was dying and they needed to save it. Its got nothing new, just smaller. At least the PSP is trying to get better.
I would hardly say that the DS phat was dying, but i think that lite was an improvement. (brighter screens, nicer stylus)

i still have a phat and i love it.

the psp is the one whos dying now. (three words: eight to one)

gamer con why are you a sony fanboy on a wii forum

neither of them are dying
i don't like portable game systems can do that
their sales are far greater than home consoles
but imo the ds is better

this is my logic as to why the ds is better:
in terms of portable games...the psp has games you'd like to sit at home and play, with better graphics

games like super mario bros i have no problem sitting outside my work playing or on a bus

i just think the ds has way better software...sure it has games i would never buy that a psp fanboy would say "have fun playing nintendogs" but if i ever got a psp it would be for holding music, a bunch of my co-workers have psps and they were trying to sell it to me, because they have an ipod and gmaes they've already beaten
however since i have an ipod and a ds i don't see a point of having a psp, i enjoy playing iwht my ds lite a lot

[/end pointless rant that had a bunch of randomness in it]

FWELR said:
yes, Sony's trying. but they should leave handhelds to Nintendo and stick with what they're good at: consoles.
I kinda agree, but if there wasn't any competition then they won't be as good. If there was only one company that ever made consoles then we would probably still be using a console equal to the N64 and have a bunch of shitty games. If there was no competition then Sony and MS wouldn't be using advanced hardware that they are losing money on.

If you'd rather play good games than music, movies, and crappy games, get a DS. Metroid Prime Hunters is a great shooter in multiplayer and the intense blood and gore really isn't that bad. Also Mario Kart DS is a good racing game that should last you a while, plus you can race wifi unless your gonna
B!@#$ about snakers. MPH wifi too. PSP SUCKS! but I can't really be sure.

wiizorer said:
gamer con why are you a sony fanboy on a wii forum

neither of them are dying
i don't like portable game systems can do that
their sales are far greater than home consoles
but imo the ds is better

this is my logic as to why the ds is better:
in terms of portable games...the psp has games you'd like to sit at home and play, with better graphics

games like super mario bros i have no problem sitting outside my work playing or on a bus

i just think the ds has way better software...sure it has games i would never buy that a psp fanboy would say "have fun playing nintendogs" but if i ever got a psp it would be for holding music, a bunch of my co-workers have psps and they were trying to sell it to me, because they have an ipod and gmaes they've already beaten
however since i have an ipod and a ds i don't see a point of having a psp, i enjoy playing iwht my ds lite a lot

[/end pointless rant that had a bunch of randomness in it]
A Sony fanboy in the PS3 section, now thats crazy talk.

If you take full advantage of the PSP, anyone who likes games will like it. For those who dont, they wont. Its a gaming hand held. Its not ment for just music, movies or PSP games. Im playing NES, SNES, SEGA, Atari, PS, N64, GB, GBC, and GBA games on mine. No i dont get bored of it and im not much of a Sony fanboy if i use their system to play Nintendo games.

i had a psp, unfortunately most games were ports and they wernt so great, i play my DS constantly its just so awesome, waiting to get an R4 for MP3 purposes as i sold my stupid ipod nano

FWELR said:
well, the DS Phat didn't have any actual problems, it was just a lack of good games. seeing as how countless shooters are being put on the PSP and there's no second analog stick, they should have solved that problem, not just copy Nintendo again.

Ummm... not anymore. PS3 was a failure. It did not sell very well.

Yes, I know it have excellent graphics and sound but it fail to get people to buy the system.

i have a theory taht ps3's gonan become the next dreamcast

however we can't say it's a failuer
plus even though the ds has twice as many, 22 million sales for psp is still good, they shouldn't just abandon that

edit: but i think the next gen handheld's not many "psp2"s are gonna be bought

I don't know why you asking this question here. People will say to get another DS.

But anyway, get the PSP if you want to hack and mod it.

If you not interested in doing it, than wait until the new PSP Slim comes out. It will be available soon.

secrecyguy said:
I don't know why you asking this question here. People will say to get another DS.

But anyway, get the PSP if you want to hack and mod it.

If you not interested in doing it, than wait until the new PSP Slim comes out. It will be available soon.

i agree with that, why would you buy a psp, when there is a slightly better one coming out relatively soon

GamerCon said:
It must not be selling well cause your a retard.

How childish you are. Check the facts.

#1 Wii
#2 xBox 360
#3 PS3

However if you check the total sells and take it into consideration that xBox 360 had a head start, xBox 360 will actually come in #1. But Wii is gaining up on xBox 360 in total sells so it won't be true anymore.

secrecyguy said:
How childish you are. Check the facts.

#1 Wii
#2 xBox 360
#3 PS3

However if you check the total sells and take it into consideration that xBox 360 had a head start, xBox 360 will actually come in #1. But Wii is gaining up on xBox 360 in total sells so it won't be true anymore.
You know the PS3 is selling about as well as the 360 was at this point in its life? Here is a link to show it. Plus the PS3 sales went up by over 130% since the price drop. The sales mean nothing anyway. If you buy something based on how many other people have you are an idiot. The only reason the Wii sells so well anyway is because it targets people that normally wouldn't buy a console. If you have a shitty product and a huge market it is still going to sell better than a great product in a very small market.

Last edited:
paintba||er said:
If you have a shitty product and a huge market it is still going to sell better than a great product in a very small market.
Kind of like a shitty game that had good adverts and a great game that wasn't publicized at all.

Back