Questiions concering the Wii system and how to take care of the Wii

Waqas45

WiiChat Member
Sep 4, 2012
Bay Shore NY
Wii Online Code
4807-3165-4204-1923
I read something yesterday about the Wii contracts dust into it's vents. I want to know how can I avoid my Wii from getting too dusty, or from slowing down.

And Is any Wii users willing to give me their wii ID to chat, for some support about the Wii, I am still new to the Wii.
:rolleyes:

Thanks

Over the six~ years I've owned my Wii, I've never noticed the vents clogging with dust. Not to the point of issues like overheating or malfunction, anyways. On occasion my Wii has had long periods of inactivity and still continued to work, even after obtaining a thick layer of dust (I blame Skyrim...). The dust won't be problematic so long as you wipe down the Wii every once in awhile. If you use your Wii very often, you probably won't have to worry about dust at all.

Over the six~ years I've owned my Wii, I've never noticed the vents clogging with dust. Not to the point of issues like overheating or malfunction, anyways. On occasion my Wii has had long periods of inactivity and still continued to work, even after obtaining a thick layer of dust (I blame Skyrim...). The dust won't be problematic so long as you wipe down the Wii every once in awhile. If you use your Wii very often, you probably won't have to worry about dust at all.

Alright thanks for your experience respond man, I appreciated.

Do you know how the Wii Chat system works, like say if I want to chat with someone after a game on wii sports, how would I add him as a friend?

And is their any possible way to find people to add with playing any games, like in the wii menu or something?

I'd assume you mean exchanging messages with other Wii owners (sadly, I can't claim the Wii's messaging system is named after our forum :lol: ), so I'll answer as such.

In order to exchange messages with someone, you need to add each other's 16-digit Friend Code. The one exclusive to your Wii itself, and not for your games. On the Wii's main menu, in the bottom right hand corner you'll find an envelope. Click it, and you should find your Friend Code amongst all the options. Prior to adding each other's FCs, you won't be able to chat, unfortunately.

The Wii itself doesn't have any function like that (nor other current systems; you'd think they would by now...), but that's where forums like WiiChat come in. Most people aren't content gaming with solely random people, so people by the millions join forums to exchange their Friend Codes, Gamertags, whatever to enhance the experience. Wii Chat has all it's FC threads in this forum.

Back