Status
Not open for further replies.

yungblood6

Get Money Dummy
Sep 22, 2007
Kansas City
Wii Online Code
5134-2285-1457-3930
About the core gamers that is! Coming from the words of mr. reggie himself we are just a small fraction of the gaming market.(intersting wonder where he got that from?) well if you don't believe me read the article for yourselfs.
http://wii.qj.net/Nintendo-about-holiday-shortage-and-games-for-core-gamers/pg/49/aid/109070

WOW only galaxy and smash bros are aimed towards the core gamers. (coming from reggie himself)

Reggie: "What I can tell you is that as we launched the Wii, we made sure that we had strong software support at the launch. We made sure that we had a fantastic consumer proposition, and we made sure that we had follow-up support." "I would argue that there are a number of very strong third-party titles that are doing very well in the marketplace. Whether you look at “Guitar Hero III” from Activision, that’s doing exceptionally well. Whether you look at “Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games” from Sega that’s doing well in the marketplace. What we have is … fantastic breadth of support from third party, and we also have a tremendous pipeline of new games coming out for the balance of this quarter.
(are u serious)

Reggie: "Our view is that the online experience needs to be something that adds value to the consumer experience and enables them to have a more in-depth experience – especially with the Wii remote. When you talk about gamertags, that really is a hardcore desire versus activity like creating Miis and other functionality that in our view, is much more what the mass market wants in their video-game console."
(omg he is serious) How can you think such bs

Reggie: "The answer to those fans is “Super Mario Galaxy,” which on every major gaming publication is receiving near-perfect scores. And “Super Smash Bros. Brawl,” when it launches on Feb. 10, it’s going to make every core gamer fall in love with “Smash Bros.” all over again." "We have games that satisfy the core, but in our view, that is but a small part of the total gaming market. There are more than twice as many consumers that used to game, but don’t game today. We need to make sure that we include them in the mix as well."
(core gamers i guess we lost this battle the wii is just not for us, or they feel our years of support and loyalty don't matter for squat any more.)

There is something else that i wanted to bring up in other posts but didnt know how people would react but some one brought it up on this article how is it that the ps2 sold so well through out its life cycle out selling all other consoles and yet it was never hard to find a ps2, at the same time before this generation (360) that type of crap was unheard of. But hey i guess i don't know buisness then like mr. reggie says but it just seems kinda funny that now they can promise wii's to every one.

All I really got the wii for was SSBB.:lol: but i've gotten lots of other games and they are actualy really good.

it's also funny how every post i read of yours trashes nintendo. although that crap about online--the mass market likes friend codes better, honestly if you gave the mass market gamertags they wouldnt know the difference because they are new to gaming. nintendo should really consider "everyone" when they say everyone and not just the "mass market".
thank god ea has dedicated moh servers. too bad most third parties wii games are crap.

also i just wanna say its not really nintendos fault that there are no solid 3rd party games. well their quality scale is crap but i mean nintendo puts out kickass games all the time, and we cant expect them to release like 10 games a month. third parties need to step up AND nintendo needs to screen the games that get on wii.

Well, they said before that the Wii was aimed at people who are non-gamers before, which is like selling a car to people who can't drive really. I do expect them to make more core games because it's slowly degrading to a kiddy image, if that was the aim, then it's going to be all for kids this Christmas.

Those couple of games though are worth it, and I need my fix of Mario Kart, everyone knows that. They're making so much money, that can either make them produce more baby crappy crap games or go into developing something good. Soon they'll realise what the sales figures are for games and get on moving with the major releases.

I really didn't think that they thought about money, I knew it was better for them to get a profit, but everyone has followed them for so many years they're bound to get a profit in this zone. Ugh, I hate kids.

The only feature, pff, it is their first system online if you don't count the DS, which I'm starting tot hink is better because it can play worldwide. Nhm, I can't see how they will improve their wifi systems without us paying a bucket load of money every month, is that really worth it? I think I can manage just playing the Europeans, even though it would be nice playing you guys. Online isn't an optional extra now; we need it.

What can I say? Reggie does know how to blag anything, that's why he's employed.

Nice find Yungblood

"We have games that satisfy the core, but in our view"

Well that says it all right there, and we all know "there" view is horrible.
I just find it ridiculous how they can forget about the gamers who got them here.

yungblood said:
but it just seems kinda funny that now they can promise wii's to every one.

they always had a **** load of Wii's just never let them go, to make it seem like wow this is such a hot item that its selling out as soon as the store gets them...well cuz ur only given the store like 10 of them ...granted its a great marketing plan but its a scam to me

I'm actually slightly worried about the future of the Wii when it comes to hardcore gamers. I love having a Wii but if Nintendo's focus is gonna be on the bigger casual market, where does that leave gamers who want an immersive challenge in their video games? Are we supposed to hope that third party developers quit making shitty ports and half hearted, cash grabbing games? I was really hoping that the Wii would be a casual gamers tool as well as a new and refreshing direction of game playing for the hardcore gamers. With tools like Kynapse and The potential Wii port of the unreal 3 engine, hopefully 3rd party developers will make quality video games for the hardcore gamers. The thing is, if there is more money in making casual games, given the amount of casual gamers that have taken to the Wii, is there really any incentive for them to make games for the hardcore?

I agree for the most part.

Right now, Nintendo is content on selling millions of hardware units. Some games are obviously selling and reviewing well, but the majority of the software for the Wii released so far has been subpar IMO. Ports of old 'hardcore' games are supposed to satisfy that audience, but they don't seem to realize that if you're 'hardcore', you've played them when they were released. Once the majority of the people that want a Wii have one, the quality of games - or lack thereof - will be noticeable. Most casual players, like my parents, own Wii Sports, Wii Play, and possible one or two more games (mostly first party). Even though they are a part of the bigger, casual market, I can guarantee that I spend significantly more money on games than them, and their friends.

If you look at overall game ratings, the Wii's average score for games is pretty bad. And if you take out the Nintendo created games/IP's, the picture gets even worse. The problem I see it, is the system is just too different from the other, current-gen systems. You have to put a lot more work into shoehorning a current-gen game onto the Wii. That's not to say it can't be done, but the extra cost isn't worth it from the messages I've gotten from third parties.

Gamer tags and unified usernames aren't for the hardcore or casual - it's for people with COMMON SENSE. I don't give out a different e-mail address to each individual I know, no one I know does that. In fact, I would say that a unified number IS for the casual market, as opposed to having a sheet full of 16-digit numbers.

samXcor3 said:
it's also funny how every post i read of yours trashes nintendo. although that crap about online--the mass market likes friend codes better, honestly if you gave the mass market gamertags they wouldnt know the difference because they are new to gaming. nintendo should really consider "everyone" when they say everyone and not just the "mass market".
thank god ea has dedicated moh servers. too bad most third parties wii games are crap.

also i just wanna say its not really nintendos fault that there are no solid 3rd party games. well their quality scale is crap but i mean nintendo puts out kickass games all the time, and we cant expect them to release like 10 games a month. third parties need to step up AND nintendo needs to screen the games that get on wii.
ok let me ask you this other than galaxy what the F**K good has come out of the wii! Im sorry if im not content with bs party games when this was supposed to be the system that revolutionized gaming. Well im still waiting for that revolution. Im sorry that i don't like to sit quietly while a company makes me look like a dumbed down gamer. Im also sorry that i don't kiss a companies ass just because it sells well. Im not happy with my purchase when i know it can be better than what it is, and im sorry but wii fitness is not it. SSBB is not enough, and third party nock offs that can be played on another system with more features is not going to go well either. Things don't change if you just sit in your house and praise every thing that comes out even if its ****. Im stating my opinion if you don't like it don't read it and you sure don't have to post on it. last time i checked this was america and i had the 1s amendment right to say what i wanted when i wanted about who i wanted.

samXcor3 said:

wow it seems every thread that we talk about the Wii and how we as gamers see it flaws, u wanna come in and be WiiMan..

wat do you see as "great titles"? Wat draws u to the Wii? Cuz honestly there are maybe 3 or 5 games for the wii that hold my attention for an hour and the rest i dont even look at...and u KEEP SAYING that nintendo has no control over the 3rd party games....OFCOURSE they do!!!! they have to freakin allow the game the be on there system so they have to approve of it...
and giving the mass market gamerstags would be sooo much better and easier for people...my father who doesnt play video games at all even has said "damn that sucks u gotts put in a new code for someone everytime u wanna play them online"...i was holy cow even a person who never picked up a controller in his life can see that...

so please spare me WiiMan

ok i have an easy solution here... if you are unhappy with the Wii then sell it its not that hard why are you going to sit there and ***** over and over and over again? if your that unsatisfied then sell it. If you feel nintendo dont care about you being a "hardcore" gamer then leave them. you have the choice now make it. not picking on anyone here this is just a general reply to anyone who wants to ***** and moan...

i have to agree with Jeremy. if you dislike the wii sell it.all the games nntendo bring out are good so how do they not care.if u dont like get a 360 and what games do microsoft make(i mean microsoft not bungee(even though they own them))

Jeremy and Jimbo....

you guys are misunderstanding wat we are trying to say, it seems everytime something like this comes up u wii fan boys have to come in here and bash us for speakin our minds..

wat we are saying is we like our Wii's, i personally think it is very inovative and they really have something goin with this system..BUT..it just seems like they are not making the right steps to capture it all...all we are doin is stating the flaws of the Wii in our opinon

and if nintendo really wants 3rd party developers to step up and actually make a good game for them they have to sit down and talk..and when they are given crap they have to reject it, ok a few here and there are fine, but everything?!?!..a lot of u make it seem like nintendo has no power of it, but it isnt true...its just gonna take time for them to actually see wat the wii can do..

OMGZ!!!111 OH NOEZ!!!!111

Old news, Sherlock.

For people who "Like your Wii's" you sure have absolutely nothing good to say about them!

Is this just sinking in to you guys? Hasn't Nintendo been saying for the past few all of the Wii's existences that their aim was the casual market? Or, as the fancy Reggie way of saying it, "Mass-Market".

Last edited:
Here's my take on the whole thing; an older, new, casual gamer. I'm the person Nintendo was trying to rope in and they succeeded. Once the casual IS roped in however, they will naturally evolve. Mini games just won't cut it anymore. I see the mini game thing as an into into the Wii system. After that you're on to more immersive games. I started out 'hardcore' because I thought the mini games concept was crap from the start but that's just my view. Anyway, I think Nintendo will see that the 'casual' will want the same kind of games as the 'hardcore' and if they don't keep putting them out, and getting third parties to do the same, then I think the Wii could become the fad everyone is so worried about. Wii Fit bothers me for this reason. I bought the Wii to play games again; to have fun with an enjoyable control system. If I want to exercise I'll pop in Richard Simmons.

Its all just difference of opinion. Some have more favorite games than others. Like lots of people like Zelda, I don't. Who cares? You just pick what you like, given the choices that are available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back