Question about the Wii sharing an SD card with another device

gregjp48@e

WiiChat Member
Aug 11, 2007
I have a 2GB micro-sd card that I use to store music on my phone , and pictures from the phone's camera. The phone is an LG VX8300 (Verizon). The card isn't nearly full, so I figured I would put it to good use and use it in the Wii I'm getting tomorrow or Tuesday or whenever the store gets a shipment.

Can I share the card between the two devices, or will I have to format the card specifically for the Wii? Does the wii put it's files in their own folder on the SD card?

Thanks

when u get your wii go to the photo channel and there will be a screen that says SD card with a picture of a cell phone slide ur just click on it and it'll read ur card...so no u dont need to reformat it

can i use it for save data and vc games as well though? and they fixed the whole 'sd card only as backup and the save data has to be on the internal memory' thing right?

gregjp48 said:
can i use it for save data and vc games as well though? and they fixed the whole 'sd card only as backup and the save data has to be on the internal memory' thing right?

No, you can't play VC games directly from the SD card it must be on the internal memory.

Skippy said:
No, you can't play VC games directly from the SD card it must be on the internal memory.
balls. Oh well THey don't take up too much space anyway, and i can always store the less played ones on SD and then move them over when i want to play them, right?

gregjp48 said:
balls. Oh well THey don't take up too much space anyway, and i can always store the less played ones on SD and then move them over when i want to play them, right?

Yes you can move them to SD for storage purposes still. Or just delete them and re-download them later if you want to play again (you can re-download for free).

Skippy said:
Yes you can move them to SD for storage purposes still. Or just delete them and re-download them later if you want to play again (you can re-download for free).
that's good. how's the download speed? I have a 360 with xbl and the downloading is way too slow.

gregjp48 said:
that's good. how's the download speed? I have a 360 with xbl and the downloading is way too slow.

The games are pretty small so it doesn't take much time. A minute or less usually.

cool. got the wii on friday, and haven't been on the forum since for obvious reasons.

gregjp48 said:
it was amazingly hard to get one.

Still hard to get one????

Im lucky that i didnt have to camp out and still got it early this year (JAN)

TitansATB said:
Still hard to get one????

Im lucky that i didnt have to camp out and still got it early this year (JAN)
sorry i meant it was amazingly hard to get one when i was looking for one.
now i have one so i'm not looking anymore.

Back