r.o.b.??? LOL!

Attacktix

WiiChat Member
Jul 2, 2007
i have just recently got a NES and with it came a rob... If any of you have a rob. you will know what i mean, when i say He is slower than a turtle with 4 broken legs!!!!!!

when i try to play gyromite, i can play it but its unbelievebly slow.... the batteries are fine and theres nothing wrong, i just think its hillarous at how slow it is!:lol:

Robs name is what he dose to you in your sleep

MySims said:
i have just recently got a NES and with it came a rob... If any of you have a rob. you will know what i mean, when i say He is slower than a turtle with 4 broken legs!!!!!!

when i try to play gyromite, i can play it but its unbelievebly slow.... the batteries are fine and theres nothing wrong, i just think its hillarous at how slow it is!:lol:
Yeah, ROB has always been God aweful slow. You add in the time it takes to spin up those gyros and actually get ROB to respond the screen flickers to move about - you may find more amusement tossing him. :)

ROB was a nice novelty item, but never really amounted to anything but sales hype. Gyromite was converted to the house name "Squash 'Em", where the second player (which was meant to be ROB) was controlled by a human instead. The NEW game objective was not to help you but to KILL you, while the first player continues about attempting to move to the next level. Instantly the game became much more fun. :smilewinkgrin:

Try it sometime, the objective of this game is to try and trap you within those moving pipes and squash you and not have you killed in any other way. I don't know what it was about that game however the change in game play plus the funny "RIP" sound from being squashed was just hilarious and was played hours upon end.

That game is forever etched in my most favorite childhood memories, again WITHOUT the robot. lol

Frogger said:
Isn't Rob that ugly ass Tetris hybrid in Mario Kart DS?

Yep. Mario Kart DS is the reason lot's of new collecters are looking for a R.O.B. :lol:

Even though I would never play it, it would be quite cool to have just for retro value.

I saw a mod a while back where somebody turned their rob into a webcam. You might want to consider that, although rob is a nice collectors item!

What I want is one of those remote controlled vacuum cleaners...

JT. said:
I saw a mod a while back where somebody turned their rob into a webcam. You might want to consider that, although rob is a nice collectors item!

What I want is one of those remote controlled vacuum cleaners...
That is actually a cool thought...

Then there are others who built a modern rendition of ROB for the Wii, a Wii Sports bowling partner that bowls a perfect game. (If you managed to miss this here it is...)
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUvind4t7Pk[/MEDIA]
Wow, a video game robotic assistant that is actually useful! :lol:

KrisKhaos said:
That is actually a cool thought...

Then there are others who built a modern rendition of ROB for the Wii, a Wii Sports bowling partner that bowls a perfect game. (If you managed to miss this here it is...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUvind4t7Pk
Wow, a video game robotic assistant that is actually useful! :lol:

That robot kicks rob's arse any day :lol:

Back