reasons why the wii owns everything

Haywire said:
Wii has only owned two things consoles sales and my wallet! The wii has great things going for it and I do support the system but there is nothing wrong with just engaging in debate that is opposite in opinions of the original poster. I respect the posters here and I'm not flaming them or even against them I'm just talking to them regarding my opinions. If it bothers you so much ignore my posts, its pretty simple.
He just wanted the good points of the console though, he wasn't asking for both sides of the arguement so he didnt want a debate...
I'm not saying your flaming or anything like that, far from it, you raise several interesting and very true points but that fact is this isnt the thread for them.

We're more or less repeating ourselfs now...

Haywire said:
there is nothing wrong with just engaging in debate that is opposite in opinions of the original poster. I respect the posters here and I'm not flaming them or even against them I'm just talking to them regarding my opinions. If it bothers you so much ignore my posts, its pretty simple.

Sorry just I didn't read anything about discussing why the wii owns just..points why it does

merton81 said:
Just starting a thread that will help you to explain to your friends why the wii owns the next gen consols and why it is so great

Bold bits was all he asked for :)

I don't want to quote the above poster because it would take up so much space. But if things are taking constructively I have mentioned that the wii innovatice controls are its greatest asset just that developers need to spend more time on perfecting the controls. I also mentioned upcoming titles that could prove how great the wii is. I even mentioned how great wii sales are in my sarcastic ways.

The great thing about having a contrasting opinion on a subject is that it gives you strong points to prove the person wrong which helps to reassure your argument that the wii owns everything. Instead many of you decided to rather just fight me for voicing a different view wether it was asked for or not insteading of offering points why the wii owns everything. Plus my posts have made this a more entertaining board and that is one of the main points of the internet to have fun and broaden your views.

Also to prove that I do like the wii and there are many great selling points for the systems here is a list that makes the wii a great console.

1. Mass market appeal for all ages.
2. Innovative control scheme.
3. Outstanding sells.
4. Family friendly.
5. Developer Support.
6. Console has a great aesthetic looks.
7. Incredible market demand.
8. Huge library of games within launch window.
9. Very interactive and provides a non sedentary activity for people.
10. Console has cheapest price tag.
11. Game are cheaper for the wii than any other next gen console.
12. Amazing amount of media attention.
13. People worldwide love the system.
14. Future games look very impressive.
15. Internet Browser is a nice addition.
16. Weather channel is extremely convenient.
17. News channel is informative.
18. Wiivote channel is entertaining.
19. Virtual console channels have a plethora of nostalgic retrogames.
20. Nintendo is supporting its fans with updates and features.

Last edited:
Wii is semi-fun. I've been playing games since the earily 80's, and I've seen systems come and go. I think Wii will stay around, but I don't really think it pwns anything except the PS3.

merton81 said:
good point, i love the x boxs internet capabilitys and some games, but if wii had the same but free, it would rule

He had no point he said the Wii and 360 are equal

Just because I think the Wii is the best console out there right now doesn't mean I agree with you

Back on topic Legend of Zelda beats any game out there for the current nex-gen consoles so when it comes to games Wii wins

and from what we have seen on the DS Nintendo Wi-Fi will be very good even comparing with Xbox Live

However I do not agree with you Merton the Wii is not the end all be all the 360 and PS3 outdo it in so many ways right now

the_next_tiger said:
Yo Haywire get a life!!! Spend your time with your children rather than wasting it on a forum. Take my advice man.

Look here you inbred moron do the world a favor shut your mouth, smack your momma, and never breed with her again. Don't ever think that some nameless idiot like you could ever advise me when it comes to my children. I spend everyday with my kids taking care of my youngest son's type 1 diabetes and trying to help my oldest son conquer his learning problems and just spending time with them. Taking a few minutes to goof off on the internet while one is in school and the other is in preschool is one of the few breaks I get so screw off you monkey lookiing b@st@rd.

Reguardless, that is the threads topic is. If you disagree with that then just don't post, its pretty simple.

So your basically saying were only allowed to have one opinion/view of this thread and thats it and that if we disagree with his statement/opinion we should totally ignore the thread...

Sorry to say it but your wrong on this one Jay. If a person is going to post a thread saying "x console owns" or "x console is greater than the y console" expect to see replies against his or her statement. Also by disagreeing with the original statement/opinion he isn't breaking any rules. However if you wanted to you could consider this thread trolling.

Now my take on the wii (Positives and Negatives)

Positive:

- Great games
- More interactive
- Fun for everyone
- Various fun/entertaining channels
- Virtual Console

Negatives:

- No online multiplayer capability out yet.
- Few exciting/entertaining games in my opinion.

i agree with hold on tight, in other forums most people and threads never have arguments, in this forum, everybody always argues, you can have different points of views, but insulting people and their personal matters is too much, why can't you just agree

Back