Remote Shutdown/Restart During Play

I've replaced the batteries and the batteries show that they are full (so did the older batteries). I've resynced the remote and its still a bit skippy. I havent had it shutdown on me yet, but I haven't played all that much

I've had the same thing.

It only happens on Wii SPorts Baseball, and only when I'm batting.
After a swing. Which I'm probably putting way too much force into, the controller goes dead, the blue LEDS on the remote turn off, and the chatcater on screens, baseball bat goes back to a set position of - but slanted down slightly.
I have to press the 1 and 2 buttons (not together just any one of them) to turn the remote back on. It will flash all 4 blue lights on the remote, and then the character on screens bat will respond to the remote again.

The problem is, the pitcher will keep pitching while this happens.

I'm wondering if it's because I'm swinging too hard, but I don't think it is, as I don't have any problems while pitching.

I don't get any warning message about the Remote becoming disconnected.

same thing happens to me so i just take the battery out and put it back in

I have wrapped "our" Wii up ready for christmas for my daughter so I can't test this theory, but is it possible that the swinging/batting movements used in Wii sports are causing the batteries to move slightly in the remote, causing some sort of voltage supply spike or drop ??

Might not make sense, but I know what I mean :p

I've noticed the same thing (mainly during tennis and baseball). I'll take a swing and then nothing for a few seconds then a few flashes of the lights and back on it goes. I wonder if swinging the wii-mote too hard disrupts the acclerometers somehow and causes a disruption in the voltage between the plates causing it not to register the motion. I dunno...it's a pain though when doing the Wii Fitness...that tennis coach just keeps sending balls over the net and my mote stops working. AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Same problem during Wii tennis

I came hunting for this topic on forums because I was having the same problem last night, and it drove me nuts. I was playing Wii tennis with my wife-to-be and my remote kept turning itself off, no warning, just all of a sudden all the blue lights would go off and the ball would go by me because I couldn't swing. Then I'd have to hit the A button and all 4 lights would blink and then my remote would come back on with the 1st dot lit (because I was player 1). Hitting the home button also showed my battery life to be full. I have never smacked the remote on anything either to damage it.

Back