Rep. Requirement

Sovieto

Banned
Aug 6, 2006
I think there should be a Requirement for giving rep, so newbs can't trash your rep, like what happened to Wii_Smurf. I think someone should get atleast 5 or 10 Rep. points before he/she can give others rep. If it is even possible though..
This would make newcomers want to respect and help the community to earn rep. instead of spamming to get a certin number of posts, or just trashing well respected member's reps.

I agree, im sick of getting bad rep for random stupid reasons. I bet i will get bad repped for posting on here.com I cant get away! lol:scared:

this is what i said before in the other thread-

i vote that a newbie can not rep until they reach a certain ammount of posts or recieve rep from a high profile member.

say for instance youre a new member and you make yur first introduction to wiichat. you can not rep/trash/or flame anyone with the rep system until either A) you reach 200 posts (thats just a random number) or B) someone with a high profile such as myself gives you a good rep.

what do you think of that scenario?

The_Loose_Cannon said:
this is what i said before in the other thread-

i vote that a newbie can not rep until they reach a certain ammount of posts or recieve rep from a high profile member.

say for instance youre a new member and you make yur first introduction to wiichat. you can not rep/trash/or flame anyone with the rep system until either A) you reach 200 posts (thats just a random number) or B) someone with a high profile such as myself gives you a good rep.

what do you think of that scenario?

Sounds fantastic if you ask me, it would make wiichat an even better forum!

Yeah.
Like you can't recieve/send PM's unless you have like 10 Posts.
Same should happen with Rep
:thumbsup: Nice Post

Wii_BrEnDo2007 said:
nice idea but then that means i cant give a newbie rep cause im not high profile

no no no no no YOU can rep because youre over 200posts (again just a random number)

but it will be grey maybe i dont know my guess is like 0-200 then 200-500 then 500-1000 then 1000 to prinny status i assume? i dunno im making random numbers and statistics up as i type right now.

i havent actually thought of this until just now so it will sound a bit strange but hopefully everyone will see where im comming from

lol, i did get bad repped as previously predicted, im stuck at 13 points lol :)

well i think it would be hard to decide/know whos a high profile member
and they might just be over generous =P
i think a certin amount of rep would be best, post count would probably cause more spam, requiring rep would encourage them to make a high number of good posts to try to get rep

i never understood the rep thing. i got grey reps but its like sayin good stuff. then i got a green one. whats the diffrence?

Grey rep points are from members who dont have enough rep power (I think that they haven't been repped themselves) Green ones are from people who have the power! Muhahaha

I have 4 grey reps...it's so annoying >.<

Another thing, I don't even think you should get 1 green rep box below your username till you get about 10 rep points. Cuz' it looks really sad when a newbie with 5 posts has the same amount of rep boxes than a guy with 3,000 (me).

*EDIT* scratch that, 6 greys....

Last edited:
ssbb_lover said:
I have 4 grey reps...it's so annoying >.<

Another thing, I don't even think you should get 1 green rep box below your username till you get about 10 rep points. Cuz' it looks really sad when a newbie with 5 posts has the same amount of rep boxes than a guy with 3,000 (me).

*EDIT* scratch that, 6 greys....
When you join you automatically start with 10 rep points.
I agree, the grey rep boxes are annoying!

Back