just my advice on he site

ssbbking

Banned
Feb 13, 2008
I think we should have a member of the week or something like that.u know what i mean, someones whos been following the guidlines. and they should get some type of number of rep, 5 maybe?
Not only would that help out this forum community but it would stop some people from spamming, starting arguments, hatred, and other stuff.
instead of it being a competition to have better jokes or not get caught with what they said or did, it would be competitive for people to get along with eachother.

the members that are short, criticize, and sacastic can't help it... they just can't hold back. some are humorous, but it's easy to point out the insulting posts...

these members won't aim for member of the week because they love being cynical... so these problems are part of a a forum... and everyday life...

even some adults never grow out of it...

the thought is great... the results of a contest like this could be up for debate... :yesnod:

Last edited:
Firstly this has been discussed before and should be further discussed here:
http://www.wiichat.com/site-feedback/36951-general-forum-suggestions.html

Second, we did have awards for the year of 2007 for different categories.
I feel that having a member of the week will only lead to more spam etc. of people trying to outdo one another and what not. Monthly or yearly is how it should be done, year being the better choice IMO. And again, rep should not be a reward, thats just one more way it would get abused on here, especially for "every member of the week".

CantGetAWii said:
Firstly this has been discussed before and should be further discussed here:
http://www.wiichat.com/site-feedback/36951-general-forum-suggestions.html

Second, we did have awards for the year of 2007 for different categories.
I feel that having a member of the week will only lead to more spam etc. of people trying to outdo one another and what not. Monthly or yearly is how it should be done, year being the better choice IMO. And again, rep should not be a reward, thats just one more way it would get abused on here, especially for "every member of the week".
but if u are the member of the week then that means out of everybody on the ENTIRE site he/she was the most cooperaitve, had good advice, didnt flame,etc.and (imo) that deserves rep. i remember lastweek u said that rep is just something that people give for a award for members right? so this is a award! it doesnt have to be rep as a award but u know somethin.

Ah, I love popping my head in this section once in a while just to get a good laugh. Monthly awards is as frequent as they should go.

You think there is a "competition" among the "short, critical, sarcastic"?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...I see idiocy, I point it out, simple as that.

Brawny said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...I see idiocy, I point it out, simple as that.
case in point...

everyone has a fall at different times in their life... you, Brawny, will fall so hard.

if i were to be there when it happens, i wouldn't laugh at you... you would have my sympathy.

Last edited:
I have to agree.

Motivation is one thing that this community lacks, and I must admit that I am still surprised at the legitimate goodness of this community, having said that [why'll we may be the best wii forum right now] it seems as though we've got nowhere to go.

When I first read 'member of the week' I was thinking more along the lines of an advert, similar to the interviews Syntax was doing, although there would be no mod-work involved. We could have a 'Member of the Week' thread, in which the member of the week could right a short description of themselves [or a ridiculously long one :rolleyes:] and perhaps some interesting facts and other members could post their feelings towards the member. I think this would also be a good, and easily implemented idea.

idjut said:
case in point...

everyone has a fall at different times in their life... you, Brawny, will fall so hard.

if i were to be there when it happens, i wouldn't laugh at you... you would have my sympathy.

Why does it always say you have edited your posts a considerable time after you have posted the original content?

Naaahhh, you're too new to feel sorry for my fall.

idjut said:
case in point...

I fell so hard because of him, and I damn liked it.

these members won't aim for member of the week because they love being cynical... so these problems are part of a a forum... and everyday life...

Oh irony, I love you so.

I don't think that we really need a member of the week, I don't want people going out of their way to be so flasely helpful when they aren't, damn right I like being [STRIKE]mean[/STRIKE] honest to people, it's who I am. I don't want to toss out rep, hm, to random members just to make a little circle of friends that will always vote for you, this will happen, of course it will. Every system manages to be abused. We're just fine without it.

Last edited:
Motivation would always help but it would cause problems within itself.

Case in hand;

Syntax;
'This weeks winner is LevesqueIsKing!'
MarioMan;
'What the hell?! I done better than him. This is fecked up.'

Purely an example but you see the point. And as mentioned we aren't really here to talk about topics and would rather just talk between themselves and they would not be motivated and those are the ones we need to target.

I don't think that this will be happening. Also, there would have to be more time spent on looking through various members posts and deciding on who would win such a thing, sorry.

Back