Resident Evil 4 graphic Help!!!!

JoonKimDDS

WiiChat Member
Dec 17, 2006
Hi! i just bought RE4 and running it for my wii with component cable(from Nintendo) and HDTV.
I went to wii option and have 16:9 set.

but When I play the game, i can see so many vertical lines all over the game screen and the game graphic looks dirty and not sharp.
I think the graphic looks worse than the RE4 from gamecube or wii sports. I am sure wii sports have better graphic because at least it doesn't have these vertical lines all over.

what should i do? is it normal?

Ok, guys, I just found out that RE4 for wii
1) doesn't support 16:9
2) doesn't support progressive scan

sigh....I hope I still have my RE4 for GC...it looked better.

lol seriously your an idiot if you think it doesnt support 16:9 i was playing like 2 hours ago when i was at home and it was working crystal clear.

chach said:
lol seriously your an idiot if you think it doesnt support 16:9 i was playing like 2 hours ago when i was at home and it was working crystal clear.

are you sure you are not the idiot? why don't you compare it with gamecube version? it doesn't give you extra display.

June 19, 2007 - Let's dispense with the pleasantries. You know what Resident Evil 4 is. You know that the still-atmospheric survival horror sequel was one of the best games to grace GameCube and, nine months later, PlayStation 2. And so you would also know that Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition is essentially an enhanced port of a two-year-old project. If you didn't know all that, now you do. The third-person action game, which stars franchise hero Leon S. Kennedy on quest to save the president's kidnapped daughter, comes to Nintendo's little white console with improved controls that partially utilize the Wii remote, all the extras from the PS2 iteration, and a true 16:9 widescreen mode. Those additions aside, nothing has changed - a truth that isn't really a negative. After all, RE4 remains as frightening and as frantic as it was when it debuted two years ago, only now it looks and plays just a "Wii" bit better - and did we mention it retails for a reduced price? You could call it Wii Edition, yeah, but we prefer Collector's Edition.

First pararaph of ign review heres the link if you dont belive me... idiot
http://wii.ign.com/articles/797/797837p1.html

chach said:
June 19, 2007 - Let's dispense with the pleasantries. You know what Resident Evil 4 is. You know that the still-atmospheric survival horror sequel was one of the best games to grace GameCube and, nine months later, PlayStation 2. And so you would also know that Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition is essentially an enhanced port of a two-year-old project. If you didn't know all that, now you do. The third-person action game, which stars franchise hero Leon S. Kennedy on quest to save the president's kidnapped daughter, comes to Nintendo's little white console with improved controls that partially utilize the Wii remote, all the extras from the PS2 iteration, and a true 16:9 widescreen mode. Those additions aside, nothing has changed - a truth that isn't really a negative. After all, RE4 remains as frightening and as frantic as it was when it debuted two years ago, only now it looks and plays just a "Wii" bit better - and did we mention it retails for a reduced price? You could call it Wii Edition, yeah, but we prefer Collector's Edition.

First pararaph of ign review heres the link if you dont belive me... idiot
http://wii.ign.com/articles/797/797837p1.html

are you a noob? Everyone knows that ign kept saying it supports TRUE 16:9 and but it turned out to be a lie!

Well then I must have some special edition wii :rolleyes:

stop trolling your obviously doing something stupid, and wheres the source that says it doesnt support 16:9 ?

chach said:
Well then I must have some special edition wii :rolleyes:

stop trolling your obviously doing something stupid, and wheres the source that says it doesnt support 16:9 ?

are you really that dumb? why don't you play RE4 for GC and wii and compare it by yourself? or just connect it to CRT and HDTV or change the setting and see the difference?
you are the troll noob!

Omg stfu already! Where's your source saying ign lied? Do you even have the component cables to utilize progressive scan?

chach said:
Omg stfu already! Where's your source saying ign lied? Do you even have the component cables to utilize progressive scan?
well duh~ r you dumbass?
people knew that RE4 progressive scan makes vertical lines since it came out for GC geez you are so slow.

and here is the screen shots between 4:3 and 16:9
http://pds3.egloos.com/pds/200706/02/69/c0026769_10060127.jpg
http://pds5.egloos.com/pds/200706/02/69/c0026769_10063593.jpg
all it did was stretching it, without actually supporting it.

and you don't need a source to prove something when it's a common sense already. god... you really need to go to many different forums, you are so slow.

It doesn't support true 16:9. It just stretches the screen to 16:9. Don't argue otherwise - your just wrong.

But it doesn't support progressive scan either? Can we get confirmation on that?

he never said anything about true 16:9 look at his second post :rolleyes:

and i guess ign is wrong then wtf ?!

Last edited:
Back