Resident Evil 4 graphic Help!!!!

fatalorgasm92 said:
lol ok i setup RE4 in 16x9 on a 55" and got RED4(GC) on a 42" Wii looks way better i think you TV is probably messed up

heh pwnt, whatever its not worth arguing he's a troll he's just trying to get a raise out of people...

it's definitely 16:9, mine works fine, still crappy graphics on a 50 " TV, but looks like the gamecube version only in widescreen. maybe your tv is trash.

This is why people call wii players children....geesh...when can they grow up?
I even provided a picture between GC 4:3 and Wii fake 16:9 and they were exact same and these ppl with crappy tv keeps trying to defend their TV and RE4 without knowing the truth...

I'm having the same graphics problem as JoonKim on my hdtv. Graphics look really crappy. Tried it out on my friend's hdtv and it's also crappy. I'm using the nintendo brand component cables. I don't understand why this is happening.

Here are a couple other sources providing the same info that chach did.
http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/residentevil4/review.html
"On the other hand, RE4 on the Wii doesn't bring anything new to the visual table, though like the PS2 version, it supports progressive scan and widescreen displays. Yet it still looks superb, featuring beautifully designed character models and environments that were obviously created with deliberate care and detail."

http://wii.gamespy.com/wii/biohazard-umbrella-chronicles/797383p1.html
"Visually, Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition doesn't do anything to really improve over the PS2 or GameCube game, although this time, the graphics are displayed in true 480p widescreen as opposed to the original GameCube version which essentially faked the widescreen ratio."

http://www.gamer20.com/gamehub/resident-evil-4-wii/review/1011
"on the Wii this is still probably the best around and though it looks no different than the GameCube version—outside of the 16:9 Widescreen support—it’s still going to be nice on the eyes either way."

There JoonKim, three different sites all saying the same damn thing. Now stop being a dumb little *****, and get rid of that piece of **** you call a tv.
The reason why RE4 does not look as great on a larger, higher resolution tv is due to the low res textures that game has ALWAYS had. Two years ago was last generation, a time when games were not being made to support hd quality graphics. Since we all know that RE4 was made last generation don't expect it to look superb on a GOOD quality hdtv. My Wii is hooked up to a 58" panasonic plasma (picture settings at optimal calibration) with some no name, excellent quality component cables that I ordered and any game I have played thus far has looked good. It's obvious that anybody complaining probably has a cheap hdtv along with poor picture settings, and more than likely their eyes are ****ed. Oh and if Wii owners are so bloody childish, how is that the majority of Wii owners are adults? Hmmm I guess everyone but you is ****in whiny kid ...oh wait, sounds like the only one whining here is you.

I am using noname component cables from Circuit shitty run through a AV Reciever through Component cables to a 42" Vizio Plasma and RE4 looks really Good!!! This is not a big$$$ Tv but hasn't dissapointed yet. Makes me stoked for Umbrella Chronicles just for game style. Shame about Manhunt 2.... Not sure what some of you are doing wrong.

I so wish these Wii ports were required to sell for $30 as this did. Shall we start a online petition???

JoonKimDDS said:
I guess some people here just don't know what crystal clear means.
I also thought ps1 was crystal clear so...I guess I can't blame you guys.

and I guess I can't blame people who think it supports true 16:9 because those people never played RE4 for GC.
I also thought ps1 supports widescreen when I stretched it so...I guess I can't blame you guys.

Here is just 1 tip how to find whether the graphic is clear as it supposed to be or not.
Remember when you start the game, it says "security reminder...tie the wiimote to your wrist" and stuff? compare the clarity of those letters to the same screen
of wiisport.

OK I couldnt resist responding to this post. I had RE4 for the GC and i beat it 4 times. I memorized the damn game and i loved the graphics. I turned it in to get some credit to buy RE4 wii edition and when i played it on my HD it looks sharper than the GC version. The graphics arent BETTER but little details are clearer and there is hardly anything blurry in the game. So I dont know what you are doing wrong but maybe you have to change your Wii's settings. Also About the "Security Reminder" screen looking clear. I was actually surprised at how clear it looked when i first started up the game. I could read the tiny letters perfectly.

michael.d said:
I'm having the same graphics problem as JoonKim on my hdtv. Graphics look really crappy. Tried it out on my friend's hdtv and it's also crappy. I'm using the nintendo brand component cables. I don't understand why this is happening.

You are not having any problem. That's just how the game is. Whoever say that it's crystal clear just don't know what the crystal clear means. And whoever say that it looks better than GC version just never played GC version. Isn't it a common sense that the smaller should look better than stretched? All they did was stretching 4:3 screen to make it fit in widescreen TV. GC version had black letterbox up and down but wii version has letterbox left and right which also proves that all they did was merely stretching GC version.

Why are you so damn sure your right be a little open minded man. I see it crystal clear maybe you dont cause you set your expectations too high expecting it to look like gears of war or something. I dont know if you know but the wii is the weakest in terms of graphics dude so when you turn on your wii and dont see detail like the 360 dont start crying and start a thread. Just accept it and enjoy the game. I mean you DID spend money on it to what? look at it or to pass it

SuppaRoy said:
Why are you so damn sure your right be a little open minded man. I see it crystal clear maybe you dont cause you set your expectations too high expecting it to look like gears of war or something. I dont know if you know but the wii is the weakest in terms of graphics dude so when you turn on your wii and dont see detail like the 360 dont start crying and start a thread. Just accept it and enjoy the game. I mean you DID spend money on it to what? look at it or to pass it

why can't you understand the common sense that stretching the normal size screen has less resolution? And can't you understand that I am comparing it to the gamecube, not the 360 or ps3?

ok ok first off I see it clearer now on the wii edition plus the Wii version is considered the best in terms of graphics out of all 4 versions and its not stretched man its actually 480P

SuppaRoy said:
ok ok first off I see it clearer now on the wii edition plus the Wii version is considered the best in terms of graphics out of all 4 versions and its not stretched man its actually 480P

OMG...man... you don't understand.
whoever said wii version is considered the best is dumb.
PC version was the worst, PS2 was also bad.

All you gotta do is compare GC and wii.
Just stretch the GC version and you will see the wii version.
Do you understand now?
why don't you play GC version yourself and tell me if you see the extra display, If you do, I will say sorry to everyone and leave but I know that it's stretched version of GC.
By the way, GC version also supported 480p and people didn't like it.
The reason Wii version has lower resolution than GC version is because they stretched GC version.

Last edited:
Back