Resident Evil 4 graphic Help!!!!

Those pics look the same to me none worst none better. Although they are pics so quality can go down when putting it on the computer from actually looking at it on the tv.

SuppaRoy said:
Those pics look the same to me none worst none better. Although they are pics so quality can go down when putting it on the computer from actually looking at it on the tv.
Yes, they look the same to you and same to everyone but that's the comparison between 4:3 and 16:9. Now you saw that there was no difference~. The only difference would be 16:9 will be full screen on your wide screen TV thus has lower resolution without showing extra display at left and right.

4:3 of gamecube version or wii version(using normal screen) automatically make the letterbox at top and bottom as you can see from the picture and 16:9 version of wii make the letterbox at left and right because they just stretched 4:3 version without changing the display of 4:3 thus 16:9 is basically a fake 16:9 or you can also say that 4:3 was actually 16:9 since they had letterbox at top and bottom.

Last edited:
Na i see what you mean but i saw no difference in the PICTURES but on MY HDTV i see a difference. It looks sexier than when i would GC RE4 on my 19 inch gay tv

Well my bro is playing RE4 right now on my 26inch LCD in 480p and it looks great.. I have heard complaints of black lines, but I think it just depends on the TV you have..

Now it is no where near crystal clear but I knew what to expect from the Wii and it was better than I thought..

Last edited:
actually the fact that the two pics (wii 16x9 and gc 4x3) look exactly alike is absolute proof that it now supports 16 x 9. when 4x3 is "streched" the 4x9 images look misproportioned ie... the images characters, people and letters become wider but shorter or appear squat. because the wii version keeps its image proportioned it is true 480p widescreen (16x9). try taking an old 480i video broadcast like over the air channels and set your hd settings to stretch 480i and you will see what i'm talking about... most hd will automatically upconvert 480i to 480p but image will still be squat if it was not originaly broadcast in widescreen.

A 26 inch lcd is not going to show the graphical weaknesses of this game. The big debate here is about how it looks in progressive scan and widescreen on larger hdtvs.
Here on some screenshots I took of the game on my 58" panasonic plasma running in 480p widescreen with no name component cables:
I think the picture speaks for itself.
HPIM4217.jpg

HPIM4219.jpg

HPIM4220.jpg

HPIM4221.jpg

AND a closeup of the last shot:
HPIM4222.jpg

Here are my cables:
DSC00056.jpg

They may be no name, but they're a hell of a lot better quality than most I've seen; thick cables, gold plated connectors and a nice white finish.

My tv is 40in sony bravia and it looks exactly like those images. So dissappointed with the graphics but the gameplay makes up for it.

Last edited:
Dissapointed??? First of all its a 2 year old game and still DISSAPOINTED? You been playing too much gears of war to be dissapointed with these graphics

Yes I'm disappointed with the graphics but not with the game. I'm even playing it at this moment. I thought the graphics would be good like Twilight Princess that's all. I know Wii graphics can't compare to Xbox 360/PS3 but I was expecting better for this game.

Why would capcom go through all the trouble of overhauling the graphics when the could do what they did, easily adding wii controls to the game, and shipping it out asap for 30 bucks. It's quite the marketing move on their part because it's such a great game and the lack of quality titles on wii currently will make people want to get this, regardless of whether they've played it before or not.

.....I dunno man i still cant see how your dissapointed i dont see twilight princess looking better than RE4. Zelda TP is GC graphics also cause its a port.

Looks equally good to me. Different color pallette obviously from TP. The way I enjoy the Wii graphics is I only have the Wii and xbox 1(which hasn't been turned on since I got Wii) I have only played a few minutes on a 360 and Ps3 in the Gamestop. It's not that I'm cheap as I make enough $$ to buy all 3 systems each week.....but I don't want to. I am having enough trouble keeping up with trying to finish zelda tp, play RE4 and the other wii titles without having another system to learn and get games for etc. So the point is if Wii is all you play then you enjoy it more as it is all you know. No comparing to others as there are no others. I know I may be "missing" out on some great games by only owning one system but of the 3 I chose Wii. Cheaper system, fun unique controls, free online, games that non gamers can play at parties etc. If that makes me a casual gamer then so be it. The graphics look great on RE4 to me and its fun. I'll take more games like this please. Oh and all of the ports and cooking mamas should be $30.

Last edited:
somehow, I hoped that they release it on ps3 even without the graphical boost because ps3 can make ps1 and ps2 game to run at 1080i now.

By the way thrillseeker, those screenshots are great. that's exactly how mine looks too.
The best I can recommand is to change the TV setting.
since we all know that it looks blurry with low resolution, decreaing the brightness and increasing the color and sharpness could comfort your eyes.

Last edited:
Oh it doesn't hurt my eyes at all, and I have my tv's picture settings already set to it's optimal ISF calibration settings. I'm satisfied with how the game looks on my tv (I didn't buy it, I borrowed it from a buddy for a day because I already have it and beaten it for ps2), it looks a hell of a lot better on Wii than it did on my ps2 hooked up to the big screen. I couldn't stand to play it on ps2 on my hdtv it looked so bad, so I kept it on a 32" sony wega which was perfect.

Back