Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles Offical Thread

Nice vid, cannot wait! Less than 3 weeks to go! But yeah, Ada looks like she's taken a pretty good beating in that!

There has been two Wesker trailers released oh and bet cha' bottom dollar that everything character and monster from resident evil 0/1/3/Umbrella Downfall (New) will be there.

I am getting this baby release day, along with MOHH2 and Ghost squad, who needs mario galaxy.

Cpt.McCloud said:
There has been two Wesker trailers released oh and bet cha' bottom dollar that everything character and monster from resident evil 0/1/3/Umbrella Downfall (New) will be there.
Yeah I was thinking that as well, they're bound to throw literally everything in at some point in the game!

I am getting this baby release day, along with MOHH2 and Ghost squad
Yeah me too, I haven't pre-ordered Ghost Squad yet though, do we have a release date yet? I have the others, as well as NFS:pS, nicely on pre-order, so I'm just waiting for them to arrive on the 29th!
Just out of curiosity, how much you paying for RE:UC and MOHH2?

who needs mario galaxy.
Lol, me, that's who! I'm getting that as well (had it pre-ordered since I first pre-ordered the Wii and launch titles! Don't ask me why.), so it's an expensive month for me!

I don't pre-order, I am not getting mario kart/galaxy/Metroid prime so I am splashing cash else where.

MOHH2 + RE:UC = 30th november I think.

Ghost Squad + Zapper = 7th December I think.

All were scheduled for about 7th of November when it was said that zapper wont be released here until December so they all got pushed back =/

I am paying £32 for MOHH2 and RE:UC I think (each).

Cpt.McCloud said:
I don't pre-order, I am not getting mario kart/galaxy/Metroid prime so I am splashing cash else where.
Fair enough I suppose! I can't help but get all of them, praise the Lord for student loans!

MOHH2 + RE:UC = 30th november I think.

Ghost Squad + Zapper = 7th December I think.

All were scheduled for about 7th of November when it was said that zapper wont be released here until December so they all got pushed back =/
Yeah I knew MOHH2 abd RE:UC were November 30th, not too long to go now! And yeah I have the Zapper down for December 7th, I imagined Ghost Squad would be then then as well, was just making sure!

I am paying £32 for MOHH2 and RE:UC I think (each).
Good prices, I have them for £30 each off of Virgin online...so many places overcharge nowadays, the money I'm saving from not buying them from Game will be buy me the Zapper and some towards Ghost Squad!

RE:UC Release day purchase for me, most likely zapper too then i will get MOHH2 then ghost squad at a later date.

In some of the videos reviewing RE:UC they comment how the 'zapper' shell makes it harder to reload during tense moments and such. Since you are unable to aim at the screen whilst shaking the nunchuck.(they're both stuck inside that plastic abortion)

There is supposed to be a lot of back story in this game, with new cinematics for all 3 titles, 1,0,and 3. (they said "This is pretty much a love letter from Capcom to the fans" as far as content.)

The new area seems to be set in Russia and you have control of Jill and Chris, also apparently you get to play as Wesker there too.

This game is supposed to I guess set you up for what wesker's been up to during his betrayal of Umbrella, and perhaps give us some insight as to this new company he now belongs to?

There are still plenty of cheesy one-liners throughout. But the plus side of getting to see an in-depth view of some of my favorite locations in the RE 1 mansion as well as 0, and 3, are a HUGE plus for me.

Also as a side note you CANNOT control where you move or look, you can look slightly off to the side for a few seconds using the thumbstick on the nunchuck, but the camera is going to pan you in and out of danger at will, so there are times where if you don't finish off all the zombies on screen, they will hit you from behind, other times you will just ignore them and move on.

It seems that everyone starts off with a samurai edge with unlimited ammo as default but it sucks compared to the SMGs,Shotguns,Grenade launchers,etc that you find later. (and apparently ammo is everywhere just shoot up the scenery to find it)
There also are some apparent issues when using the knife on creatures that are on you or in your face (leeches for example.)

This game is going to be a great gift for the holidays to any wii-owning RE fan. I am personally debating getting this or MP3 (or perhaps an online game like Bwii,or MHH2, I'm not a big sports buff so i skipped strikers and I'm itching for a good online title for my wii)

Last edited:
the only part i hate about this game is that you are encouraged to lock on to the zombie's head for several milliseconds in order to headshot it. I just want to shoot them and move on to the next zombie, like RE4

cartman777 said:
the only part i hate about this game is that you are encouraged to lock on to the zombie's head for several milliseconds in order to headshot it. I just want to shoot them and move on to the next zombie, like RE4

RE4 wasn't zombies...?

even if you shoot them in the head it's not going to be a guaranteed head shot I don't think. (that would be too easy)

there are other ways to incapacitate a zombie like taking out its legs, or just plug its chest a few times. that would be faster than waiting for the perfect lock on after lets say 4 seconds. In that span of time you can shove 5 rounds in its chest, reload and take on the next batch.

head shots I think will be mostly luck, or perhaps more frequent late game; when all your weapons are substantially upgraded.
And if they are just about holding on to the target long enough to pull off that one-shot kill, then my best bet would be to pray that the other creatures on screen are either preoccupied or slow.

i read on wikipedia that Prima leaked a lot of info on this game. im still searching for that information. IGN, gamefaqs, even Prima's website.
o well ill just have to wait 2 more days ^_^

Back