=Ridley= My perspective on how tall he'll be "IF" he were playable in SSBB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

amirreza

WiiChat Member
Nov 4, 2007
ridleycanbeplayablerg5.png

Ridley could be easily resized because he crouches in all of his side-scrolling appearances. And I think they should make his stance a similar to his MP3 design. A little more crawling than crouching. And when he runs, he can just lift his hands off and run at a titled angle, taking long strides. They could give him the habit of having his tail curled up so he won't take up too much room when he's in battle. Also he's too short length-wise in this pic. I think they should make him this tall, but a little longer (Larger head and body, slightly longer wings, etc).

Give me your ideas. And let's not be one-sided pigheads saying "He's not going to be in Brawl because he's too big".
Let's think of it as what if he was playable.

EDIT: Oh **** I forgot about the character discussion thread...
Please don't ban me...

Last edited:
i think it's possible

i would make him a little bit smaller overall, in that picture he looks really big compared to Samus, and Samus is pretty tall

Perhaps make him as tall as Samus but twice as long as Bowser?

hmmm how many midair jumps could he have, 3? It is possible for that size.or maybe a tad smaller, i dunno i'm not good with measurements:O

He'll probably jump the same height as everyone else, but the jumps will probably be animated in a way so that it looks like Ridley is taking small hops (since he's so big).

Im guessing fireball(meteor like) and wind attacks made from wings? I dunno much about him.

Pfft, that pic is totally fake guys.

Just kidding. But, yeah. I really don't see how size would be an issue with this. Anything is scale-able.

True, but I'm trying to convince the ones who think it's impossible to resize him without making him look like a total gimpfish.

Also his moves could be this:

B: Fireballs [Breath fireballs; when done in mid-air, they drop down like meteors]
Side B: Chomp 'n' Drive [Grab your foe and chomp 'n' smack them by pressing side B over and over; press Up B while holding your foe to do a piledriver]
Down B: Tail wack [Wack foes around you with your tail, duh. While dropping down in the air, you can hit anyone below you with your tail.]

Some of these moves should be smash attacks. Oh well, that's for Nintendo to decide.

Last edited:
amirreza said:
True, but I'm trying to convince the ones who think it's impossible to resize him without making him look like a total gimpfish.

Also his moves could be this:

B: Fireballs [Breath fireballs; when done in mid-air, they drop down like meteors]
Side B: Chomp 'n' Drive [Grab your foe and chomp 'n' smack them by pressing side B over and over; press Up B while holding your foe to do a piledriver]
Down B: Tail wack [Wack foes around you with your tail, duh. While dropping down in the air, you can hit anyone below you with your tail.]

Some of these moves should be smash attacks. Oh well, that's for Nintendo to decide.

a) wow, as i see it now, i really don't want him in.....way too awkward, just dosn't seem like a brawler
b) you can't just resize characters, the shortest ridley as ever been was in metroid, and he was still a head taller than samus
c) bowser argument is not valid
d) character discussion thread, or there is a ridley thread...don't you ever learn your lesson?

The Bowser argument is not valid... Because you say so?
Why can't you, "Just resize characters"?

if he's even IN the game, he's probably going to be in the starting vid like SSBM, or he will be an assist trophy like Andross. doesn't that seem more logical too you guys?:yesnod:

Perfect size, although the size argument as a whole is poor, that is a good counter-argument.
mushroomedmario said:
a) wow, as i see it now, i really don't want him in.....way too awkward, just dosn't seem like a brawler
b) you can't just resize characters, the shortest ridley as ever been was in metroid, and he was still a head taller than samus
c) bowser argument is not valid
d) character discussion thread, or there is a ridley thread...don't you ever learn your lesson?
Might I remind you that Kirby [in any other game] is 8 inches tall?

LevesqueIsKing said:
Perfect size, although the size argument as a whole is poor, that is a good counter-argument.

Might I remind you that Kirby [in any other game] is 8 inches tall?

yeah but is he the same size as dedede? NO, dedede and metaknight got scaled to smash bros as a series, (like i said in a thread like 2 seconds ago) ridley woudl look retarded the same size as metroid,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back