Ridley in Brawl.

AtomicB said:
You completely ignored the part where I said 'It's my opinion'.
=.='`
It is my opinion that Ridley would not look awkward at all.

Anyways, shooters are not so hot in Japan. I wonder if Sakurai has even played Prime 3...

your post was directed at my post, yet i wasn't talking about looks

mushroomedmario said:
idn man, i really like the japanese culture(besides food, hate sea food)

i think i'm going to go live there for a while
I also love Japan, don't get me wrong. I also want to be able to speak the language and live there for a while (if not permanently, we'll see how it works out). :) I'm saying in terms of sales. If something doesn't appeal to Japan, but still appeals to the rest of the world, it can be a success. I wasn't talking about the countries themselves. ^.~

AtomicB said:
I disagree. Aren't they only critical of the Prime series?
Unless they just recently went through a gaming revolution...?

Check some sales numbers if you're truly interested.

No? He's saying our gaming culture is different and that the Japanese are in love with the Casual Game fad at the moment.

He was referring to the Japanese.

And to answer your question, I'm not quite sure why their gaming tastes seem to be so constrained.

I would say that Japan doesn't seem to be as obsessed as our culture about violence, but then I remembered hentai/yuri (and all the things that go with it)...

I didn't know that the prime games were unpopular in Japan...
but if they are, the how did the Frigate Orpheon get in as a stage?

GigaRidley said:
Well, he doesn't need to care about the prime series to put Ridley in brawl.
True. If his fans want it, his fans should get it. Sakurai is Dad, and the gamer population is the spoiled brat. : D

What I don't get is that while Metroid is so unpopular in Japan, Ridley tied for 2nd place in the polls...?

I think its because might still remember the classic Metroids? (I believe they weren't unpopular) And thus they still understand the awesomeness that is Ridley.

Ridley is a godly antagonist, no?

You don't have to play every Zelda game to know who Ganandorf is, Tyler. And most importantly, you don't need to LIKE every Zelda game to like Ganandorf, that is, if Ganandorf is a dragon that looks freaking awesome.

Back