Ridley in Brawl.

Wow, when did this topic become a pinnacle of retardation? Seems every Ridley thread is doomed to go the same way due to the repetitive naysayers. Probably won't take long for the Brawl Central one to follow.

I don't have any evidence to prove that Ridley WON'T be in Brawl, it's just that he doesn't seem like he would be playable. I mean, the worst villains in Brawl are Bowser and Dedede. Ridley looks DEMONIC. And, if he were downsized, it just wouldn't look right, y'know? I can see him as an AT, flying across the screen shooting fire, or maybe even a boss, but not a playable character.

Of course, I have no proof that he isn't, just a feeling that he won't.

LemonManX said:
Wow, when did this topic become a pinnacle of retardation? Seems every Ridley thread is doomed to go the same way due to the repetitive naysayers. Probably won't take long for the Brawl Central one to follow.

that's just being close-minded, it goes both ways

anax4aero said:
Ok, that just did it....this is now officially the funniest thread on this forum.
Shoko, I love the pictures, especially the way in which they have absolutely no power as evidence.
That said, I agree with Atomic, it's pretty much up to Sakurai...it can be easily done if he wanted. Plus, the sarcasm was hilarious, and that Frogger comment was pure comic gold.
Looks like I'm not the only one reading this thread mainly for comedic entertainment. I especially like it when the people who say Ridley could be in brawl post good evidence over and over again and the Ridley naysayers say they're desperate...yes, I'm looking at YOU, Shoko.

P.S: Yaysayer is a funny word...

Well, in a couple of days we'll know whether or not I'll be maining the almighty Ridley or sticking with the Peach/Marth/Sheik combo.

ssbb_lover said:
Technically, the yaysayers are repetitive because they're responding to the repetitive naysayers.
but we're responding to the repetetive yaysayers"

you guys start it by saying ridley would be a good character

ridley would be a good character
no he's too big
he can be resized
he can, but he shouldn't

and so on and so on, but the yaysayers started it lol

Its when you get into all this "he shouldn't" business that this becomes a pointless discussion.

Okay, fair enough. You think he "shouldn't" be resized. Ever thought of how many people want him resized + playable? I mean, he certainly placed very high on Sakurai's poll and that was in Japan.

LemonManX said:
Its when you get into all this "he shouldn't" business that this becomes a pointless discussion.

Okay, fair enough. You think he "shouldn't" be resized. Ever thought of how many people want him resized + playable? I mean, he certainly placed very high on Sakurai's poll and that was in Japan.

i was participating in the discussion about the discussion, now you just brought back the old repetivie original discussion back , proving once again....you guys start it

lol

edit: just so you know my stance on the situation
a)i think ridley has a good chance(bout 50/50)
b) I don't think he should be sized down
c) that's just my opinion, when i'm playing a metroid game, and i'm expecting ridley to appear at some point in the game, i expect a huge ass dragon, and i don't want that image to be ruined by brawl
d) I respect other people's opinions unless they're idiotic about it,(i.e. saying he won't be awkward at all in the slightest bit)

Last edited:
MM, for total clarification, answer this question for me: Do you think Ridley will be in Brawl? This has nothing to do with if you hate Ridley. Do you, or do you not think that Ridley will be in Brawl?

ssbb_lover said:
MM, for total clarification, answer this question for me: Do you think Ridley will be in Brawl? This has nothing to do with if you hate Ridley. Do you, or do you not think that Ridley will be in Brawl?

answered that above

i give it a 50/50, i just hope not.......

and no i do not hate ridley, i actually like ridley, but in a big dragon boss kind of way

I see. Thanks. I respect your opinion, and I see exactly what you're saying. Obviously, I just have a different one. :)

Lord, you're so much more understandable then Shoko. -.-'

I can't imagine Ridley looking THAT awkward. What? Does that make me an idiot? It's my personal preference.

I understand how you could see it looking awkward, but it doesn't seem out of ordinary to me.

Which is strange, because Olimar did look weird to me. Personal opinion, though. I was one of the people who played Pikmin with the camera all the way out.

Back