Top 10 Brawl Characters

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
Many fighters will enter the Brawl arena, but not all of them are the most effective at bringing the pain.

#10 Wario

It's difficult hating this guy, especially when he runs over his fellow mascots with a motorcycle. After he gets off his hog, he takes a bite out of his foes, but his most dangerous maneuver could be the Wario Waft, a fart of megaton proportions.

#9 Sonic

Sega's blue blur enters the Nintendo arena with a super shot of blast processing. His Spin Dash launches enemies around the stage, but he can also keep them in midair and get some additional hits. And when he needs to make a quick escape, he can always bounce off a spring. For his Final Smash, he transforms into Super Sonic and zips around, hitting enemies with Sonic speed.

#8 Fox McCloud

This wily fox knows how to survive. In addition to pelting enemies with blaster fire, he uses his reflector to deflect projectiles and throw a few lefts and rights. Then you have his Final Smash, where he turns into a freakin' battle tank, armed with a powerful canon and the ability to hover and flip.

#7 Pit

This guy is a badass. First, he carries a bow that splits into two blades. Second, when he fires the bow, he controls the arrow's trajectory. And third, his Final Smash consists of conjuring up the Goddess of Light and then watching armed Centurions swoop in and cause havoc.

#6 Bowser

Mario's arch nemesis is one big blob of mean. After scorching enemies with his Fire Breath, he slips inside of his shell and propels himself (spikes first) at his opponents, hits them with a devastating Bowser Bomb and for his Final Smash, becomes the almighty Giga Bowser and grows to ridiculous proportions. Sure, he's slow, but he makes up for his lack of speed with brute strength.

#5 Samus

Video games' most famous bounty hunter doesn't intend to lose any matches, thanks to her state of the art power suit that lets her fire missiles, hit enemies with a Charge Shot and execute the all important screw attack. Her Final Smash puts her at a disadvantage, what with her armor falling off and enemies being able to hit her with it, but only if they survive the dreaded Zero Laser.

#4 Mario

Mario is great for beginners, thanks to his balanced moves and nimble jumping ability. Armed with his F.L.U.D.D. canon from Super Mario Sunshine, he blasts enemies with water and then hits them with whirling fists, courtesy of his Mario Tornado. For his epic Final Smash, fire erupts from his body and he decimates everyone with a sweet looking energy burst.

#3 Snake

Everyone's favorite spy snuck his way into Brawl, packing a host of deadly toys, chief among them remote guided rockets. Other weapons include grenades, landmines and a wicked cool Final Smash in which he hitches a ride on a helicopter and then unloads on his Smash competitors with a grenade launcher.

#2 Kirby

Nintendo's huggable puffball is one of Brawl's most dangerous fighters. Forget about the fact that his Final Smash consists of boiling his opponents alive and rocketing them off the stage. Oh no, the reason why Kirby kicks butt is because of his ability to inhale his foes and copy their abilities. In one gulp, he can harness anyone's powers, not to mention donning a cute little outfit that mimics his adversaries.

#1 Link

Hyrule's savior has tons of sweet moves. He sends enemies flying with his Gale Boomerang, punctures them with the Hero's Bow, chucks bombs and latches onto things with his Clawshot. His Final Smash, however, is his best attack. Harnessing the power of the Triforce, Link jumps into the air and hits his opponents with multiple sword slashes before finishing them with a final blow. Not only is it effective, but it also looks pretty.

Source

Keep in mind this list consists of those you can immediately play as without having to unlock. So please if you wish to make your own lists simply put in the other starting characters that were not on the list, keep the unlockables out for spoiler sake.

This seems like more of a 'noob's list of the c00lest chracters' than an actual in-depth analysis. He seems to be basing the the characters on how good they are and how cool they are equally. Additionally, he doesn't go any further in-depth than listing the best [coolest?] moves, and completely disregards mentioning how well said moves can be used together.

Yeah... Fox at number 8? C'mon... Just kidding, nice opinions, for someone who isn't as informed as most of us.

What no Ike??? That's disappointing... Oh well the list isn't that good of one it's just a fanboy that picked characters with cool moves and made a list. I mean come on Wario over Pokemon Trainer? I don't think so.

Keep in mind this list consists of those you can immediately play as without having to unlock.
That doesn't make sense. Sonic and Snake have to be unlocked....
I have proof:
Starting Roster:
various25_080130g-l.jpg

That list is crap. It's Star Fox, King Dedee, Wolf, Kirby, and I think Gannon. All I know is the matches I've seen, Fox, Dedee, and Kirby freaking own. I think at GDC some reporters even commented on Dedee being super strong. The creator replied that all characters can dominate if played well.

Link definately looks like he got an upgrade, but I wouldn't put him as number 1 (Doesn't matter though, I'll still play as him:) )
Anyone else think that Wario should NOT have made that list?

Dumbass_Luigi said:
That doesn't make sense. Sonic and Snake have to be unlocked....
I have proof:
Starting Roster:
various25_080130g-l.jpg

Oh sorry, I must have been misinformed then, and was further misinformed by this guys article.

It must be a top 10 list of characters we know about or were confirmed, that still manage to dish out the pain.

CantGetAWii said:
Oh sorry, I must have been misinformed then, and was further misinformed by this guys article.

It must be a top 10 list of characters we know about or were confirmed, that still manage to dish out the pain.

Dojo Characters excluding the spoiler dojo characters.

SSBBdude said:
What no Ike??? That's disappointing... Oh well the list isn't that good of one it's just a fanboy that picked characters with cool moves and made a list. I mean come on Wario over Pokemon Trainer? I don't think so.

Ike is scheduled to be bottom tier. Even with his invicibility frames, people are having a hard time getting anything done with his ridiculously slow start-up attack time.

I haven't watched anything on Pokemon Trainer, but its hard to imagine such a unique character being high on the tier list. I would expect him to join Ike at low tier.

this is more of a commercial... you know he doesnt know what he's talking about when he says that the most useful move wario has is his fart...

Back