Top 10 Brawl Characters

I don't know about you guys but my new favorite character after unlocking him is Wolf. I like him because he resembles Fox but is stronger in my experience. That's a great combo in my opinion. I don't have a top 10 because I played through the Subspace adventure and used almost everybody so I'm not sure how each one fights individually. I like Meta Knight and Ike because I like swords, but I also like Lucario 'cause I like being different occasionally. Personally I've had a difficult time getting used to using Olimar at all so I can't rate him. I don't think there is a "top10best" maybe there's a "top10easiestcharacterstobesuccessfulwith" but if you play enough you can win with anybody. End.

taijab said:
I don't have the game, but if i must choose then i said:
1. Link
(He is my favorite Nintendo Character so....!

2. Luigi
(I like him and his attacks are very funny by melee:lol: )

3. Mario
(He is a good character to play with. He is also the person wich games i like)

4. Sonic
( He is a good maked character and his games are enjos me)

5. Pokemon Trainer
(I loved Pokemon)

6. Wario
(He is funny)

7. Marth

8. Zelda/Sheik

9. Ice Climbers

10. Pit

ROFL @ Ice Climbers.

I personally like kirby, and link. Sonic wasn't working out for me, neither was pit

every character is good at certain points, it just depends on your taste. I prefer Metaknight, Fox/Wolf, Link, Pit

my best characters are:

1. sonic
2. pit
3. metaknight
4. samus/zss
5. captain falcon

I haven't unlocked everyone yet, but Lucario seems like a better mewtwo and I was pretty good with mewtwo so I think lucario will be a nice change from metaknight
also I have no idea who wolf is but if he uses a sword and has decent speed then I'll probably pwn with him
I was disappointed with Ike because I didn't know he would be so slow =/

anax4aero said:
First of all, tiers are much more meaningless this time around.

Second, Ike and Pokemon Trainer have been on many people's top character lists. Ike may be the slowest but he dishes out pain, and in good hands he's awesome. Pokemon trainer is also a great character, as both squirtle and ivysaur have proven their worth just by themselves (Charizard not so much, sadly).
You can believe whatever you like. I'd just like to remind you that new techniques and tactics were being found in melee five years after its release. We'll see if you're still defending them then.

This is based on what i've heard

1-Meta
2-Snake
3-Falco
4-Marth
5-Lucario
6-Kirby
7-R.O.B
8-Dedede
9-Sonic
10-Game+watch

Last edited:
I like:

1. Kirby (my best)
2. Fox

I think Pit and MetaNight are a bit cheap in this. MetaKnight has moves that make it impossible for you to get away. And with Pit's ability toi fly forever, its very hard for him to lose by falling.

Kirby is awesome! He has the bunch and the hammer at all times. The hammer is one of his greatest moves. Just a couple of his hits and you're dead. Also his up-b trick helps push opponents off of the 'stage'.

I like:

1. Kirby (my best)
2. Fox

I think Pit and MetaNight are a bit cheap in this. MetaKnight has moves that make it impossible for you to get away. And with Pit's ability toi fly forever, its very hard for him to lose by falling.

Kirby is awesome! He has the bunch and the hammer at all times. The hammer is one of his greatest moves. Just a couple of his hits and you're dead. Also his up-b trick helps push opponents off of the 'stage'. Once you use the b-move, how do you take their powers. I've never known.

while kirby is awsome(i main him) you listed why spamming noobs like him.

Kirby can gimp enemies easily with his D-air, F-air and Hammer. On the ground his hammer sucks. His Final Cutter(↑B) is not a very good move and shouldn't be used constantly. He combos well and has a good variety in his attacks(pending the lack of a projectile).

Oh, another move I really like about Kirby is his down-b move. When you are playing with 3 people, and 2 are fighting, you can just float/fly over them and use that move. If either ov them had a high percentage, it would kill them.

I disagree, Shadow, I think that Kirby's hammer move is helpful on ground. It takes longer to do because of the swing-time, but it usually destroys the health of the opposing team member.

Top 10 Brawl Characters in my view would be:

1. Kirby
2. Marth
3. Snake
4. MK
5. Olimar
6. R.O.B
7. Falco
8. King DDD
9. Game & Watch
10. Luigi

Oh, another move I really like about Kirby is his down-b move. When you are playing with 3 people, and 2 are fighting, you can just float/fly over them and use that move. If either ov them had a high percentage, it would kill them.

I disagree, Shadow, I think that Kirby's hammer move is helpful on ground. It takes longer to do because of the swing-time, but it usually destroys the health of the opposing team member.

while somewhat true. most here and most pros worldwide play 1v1 so everything is considered from a 1v1 point-of-view. in 1v1 the hammer is much to slow without a lucky shot or stupid opponent. and stone is easy to dodge, then punish the kirby for it. Hammer and Stone take great prediction and luck to be used.

Back