Ridley in Brawl.

Johnknight1 said:
The only people I really can't stand trolls, people from 4chan, etc. aside are the people who EVER DOUBTED Diddy Kong, King Dedede, Ike, Ridley, Lucario, Krystal, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Captain Olimar. THEY ARE ALL IN THE GAME. GET OVER IT!

And zOMG! Bowser is the heaviest! So what=??? Ridley is skinny as f***, therefore he weights less then Bowser. He would be longer then Bowser, but I don't remember reading that Bowser was "the longest of all fighters." I remember a certain community taking "Up until now" too seriously, and overspeculating like morons, lol!

Charizard is 5'10. Hell, I'm taller then CHARIZARD! Ganondorf is 8 1/2 feet tall! Bowser is over 10 feet tall. Ridley could easily be like 11 feet tall, and be a heavy weight JUST BECAUSE OF HIS SIZE! He's fraile as f***! Bowser weights literally a ton, Ridley weights like what, 400 pounds? Last I checked you could be 8 feet tall and weight 300 lbs and still be skinny as f***. (do not attempt at home) Sakurai PERSONALLY SAID MULTIPLE TIMES METROID NEEDS ANOTHER REPRESENTATIVE FOR METROID, AND SMASH NEEDS MORE VILLIANS! Ridley fits under both of thoses, and has as many votes as Ike, Diddy Kong, and Geno on Sakurai's poll.

He's a playable character in BRAWL, and that will soon be a undeniable fact. I'll be right, you'll be wrong. Anyone who doubted him I WILL PERSONALLY own like I did with everyone who doubted/doubts Diddy Kong, King Dedede, Sonic the Hedgehog, Captain Olimar, Ike, Krystal, Lucario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Zelda, Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, and so on.

So shut up! So what if he was TOO BIG IN METROID PRIME 3=??? That was META RIDLEY and OMEGA RIDLEY! That wasn't "normal" Ridley. Again, here is proof there is no such thing as too big:

bowser_070704b-l.jpg

TOO BIG! deconfurmed1!1!1!

bowsersunshine.jpg

Yes, Bowser's HEAD IS BIGGER then MARIO!

ridleyenbrawleu5.jpg

More proof, idiots. Disprove that! And that is Super Metroid, where Ridley is "biggest" in his normal form.

samus_ridley.jpg

Sakurai says Ridley is the right size for Melee...and soon...BRAWL!

metroid_1.gif

Well I'll be darned. He sure is "big" in his normal form in the original Metroid.

All who say Ridley is too big FAIL! GO BACK TO GAMEFAQS WITH YOUR TROLLS WHERE YOU BELONG!

ERgh, this is the gayest reason I've ever heard since Diddy Kong "is too inimportant to the Donkey Kong franchise for Brawl." Seriously, SHUT UP! There is a diffrence between Omega Ridley, Meta Ridley, Mecha Ridley, and "normal" Ridley, just like with Bowser and Giga Bowser, Mario, Super Mario, Racoon Mario, Takamaron Mario, Fire Mario, Ice Mario, Spring Mario, Cape Mario, Flying Cape Mario, etc. And even if there wasn't who gives a rat's a** care about it=??? THIS IS SMASH BROTHERRRRSSSS!!! NOTHING IS REALISTIC IS THIS GOD FORSAKEN GAME, AT ALL! ASIAN DI, PENGUINS WITH HAMMERS, AND TURTLES THAT BREATHE FIRE!!! Jesus, when will you people learn Nintendo and especially smash brothers is the least realistic crap ever=???

Done and done.

Johnknight1 said:
So shut up! So what if he was TOO BIG IN METROID PRIME 3=??? That was META RIDLEY and OMEGA RIDLEY!

1)*Cough* The version he would use*cough*

I'll admit though, you had some very good points, but not all are true. Again, I'll repeat, you had some very good points, some that were true, but I'll just comment on some that weren't as strong

Again, here is proof there is no such thing as too big:

TOO BIG! deconfurmed1!1!1!

2) You can only play as 1 Giga Bowser at a time though. If Ridley was an actual, normal playable character, you would be able to play as 4 Ridleys, but in Giga Bowser's case there can only be one at a time.

THIS IS SMASH BROTHERRRRSSSS!!! NOTHING IS REALISTIC IS THIS GOD FORSAKEN GAME, AT ALL!

3) True, but there are still limits, even for a game like Smash Bros. Look at Lylat Cruise. You can't fit 4 Ridleys on that. (Fact, so don't argue)

Yes, Bowser's HEAD IS BIGGER then MARIO!

4) There's more versions of small Bowsers than there are big ones. Look at the NES picture you posted. That completely contridicts the one you posted of Mario Galaxy.

He's a playable character in BRAWL

5) Really? When was that confirmed?

More proof, idiots. Disprove that! And that is Super Metroid, where Ridley is "biggest" in his normal form.

6) OK, so you posted a pic where Ridley wasn't so big. That means nothing, cause I can just as easily post a picture where he's HUGE. So those pics weren't valid points, since any of us can easily post pics where he is shown as huge dragon.

^That's it. If your going to reply to my points, then number your counter points so that they match mine.

Honestly, I don't care anymore though. If he's in, whatever, I'll murder whoever is using him. I'll say that again, I don't care anymore, but I just wanted to show some mistakes in your post.

Last edited:
Not my points. A poster from a board that I'm migrating to.

Shoko said:
1)*Cough* The version he would use*cough*

1) Yeah, because there's no way they'd use normal Ridley. Why would they use the most know version of him?!

And just because the used the Melee version of Samus in Brawl doesn't mean they can do it with other characters.

I mean, haven't you heard of the rule book that the developers have to follow? All characters HAVE to be the newest design, excluding Samus.

What'dou mean why?! Because- because Miyamoto himself said so, that's why!

Shoko said:
1)I'll admit though, you had some very good points, but not all are true. Again, I'll repeat, you had some very good points, some that were true, but I'll just comment on some that weren't as strong

1) Not my post, dude. Tell what's his face. He's on Brawl Central.

Shoko said:
2) You can only play as 1 Giga Bowser at a time though. If Ridley was an actual, normal playable character, you would be able to play as 4 Ridleys, but in Giga Bowser's case there can only be one at a time.

2) So are you saying that you can only play as one Bowser at a time? Wow, we all know how true THAT is.

I mean, playing as four Bowsers at once? Crazy and unspeakable!

Shoko said:
3) True, but there are still limits, even for a game like Smash Bros. Look at Lylat Cruise. You can't fit 4 Ridleys on that. (Fact, so don't argue)

3) Yeah, just like you can't fight with four Bowsers, Donkey Kongs, or King Dededes.

And we all know that Bowser's final smash is disabled there.

Even if it wasn't four Ridleys would be bigger than Giga Bowser. Just like four Earths are bigger than the Sun.

Shoko said:
4) There's more versions of small Bowsers than there are big ones. Look at the NES picture you posted. That completely contridicts the one you posted of Mario Galaxy.

4) Yeah, I mean, just because Ridley appeared originally as big as Samus doesn't mean he can ever go to that size again.

I mean, Bowser appeared in every game he's been in tiny.

And just because he appeared in his newer games bigger doesn't mean that he can ever be big again.

Shoko said:
5) Really? When was that confirmed?

5) His opinion. Not mine.

Shoko said:
6) OK, so you posted a pic where Ridley wasn't so big. That means nothing, cause I can just as easily post a picture where he's HUGE. So those pics weren't valid points, since any of us can easily post pics where he is shown as huge dragon.

6) Yeah, and even if he posted a picture of Bowser as huge / larger , it wouldn't count!

What'dou mean why? Because he's not as awesome as you, that's why!

Just Ridley and Bowser have both been small and big doesn't mean they'd both be in Brawl!

I mean, Ridley... He... Well, he's been too big before.
And even if Bowser has, Bowser is just to cool... Ridley isn't cool...

Yeah. That!

Shoko said:
^That's it. If your going to reply to my points, then number your counter points so that they match mine.

Honestly, I don't care anymore though. If he's in, whatever, I'll murder whoever is using him. I'll say that again, I don't care anymore, but I just wanted to show some mistakes in your post.

7) Yeah, and you're so right, anyways. I mean, there's no way someone as cool as you could be wrong!

AtomicB said:
1) Not my post, dude. Tell what's his face. He's on Brawl Central.

1) What the heck? I know that's not your post.

AtomicB said:
2) So are you saying that you can only play as one Bowser at a time? Wow, we all know how true THAT is.

2) You misunderstood my statement. I said that you can only have 1 Giga Bowser at a time.

AtomicB said:
3) Yeah, just like you can't fight with four Bowsers, Donkey Kongs, or King Dededes.

3) All of them aren't as big as Ridley. You know that. And don't say Bowser cause there's like 50 versions of him lol

AtomicB said:
6) Yeah, and even if he posted a picture of Bowser as huge / larger , it wouldn't count!

What'dou mean why? Because he's not as awesome as you, that's why!

Just Ridley and Bowser have both been small and big doesn't mean they'd both be in Brawl!

I mean, Ridley... He... Well, he's been too big before.
And even if Bowser has, Bowser is just to cool... Ridley isn't cool...

Yeah. That!

Exaclty.

AtomicB said:
7) Yeah, and you're so right, anyways. I mean, there's no way someone as cool as you could be wrong!

Hm? I didn't even say I was right in that post. And when did I say I was cool?
All I did was comment on his weaker points. Geez, you misunderstand so many things and you don't realize it.

Shoko said:
1) What the heck? I know that's not your post.

1) Than why do you comment as if he were here and with us today?...
:aureola:

Shoko said:
2) You misunderstood my statement. I said that you can only have 1 Giga Bowser at a time.

2) Right.

And if Ridley was in, he'd be as big as Giga Bowser.

Because Giga Bowser is Bowser's original form (he's been in most games as Giga Bowser).

And Ridley's original form is so huge.
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIXC2pV4VgU[/MEDIA]

I mean, they resized Bowser just because Bowser walked up to Sakurai personally and literally asked for it.

Ridley said no. So they can't.

Shoko said:
3) All of them aren't as big as Ridley. You know that. And don't say Bowser cause there's like 50 versions of him lol

3) Right.
I mean, there are only 49 version of Ridley. And they could obviously only choose the biggest.

By the way... what version of Ridley are we talking about again?
The biggest one, or the original smalled sized one.

I forget.

Shoko said:

Yeah.

I mean, even if Bowser has been bigger than Ridley has, it still wouldn't matter.

I mean, it's not like Ridley has any backstory, or is the main antagonist of Metroid or anything.

And it's not like he was on the box cover of Super Metroid.
319B2BNCNDL._SL120_.jpg

Shoko said:
Hm? I didn't even say I was right in that post. And when did I say I was cool?
All I did was comment on his weaker points. Geez, you misunderstand so many things and you don't realize it.

You know what Shoko. Your ability to detect sarcasm is freaking incredible. You deserve a trophy...

Oh, and sorry it took me so long.
I'd say,
"I was playing Giant Melee with four Bowser,"
But we both know that's impossible.

Picture.jpg

Wow, your understanding is so messed up it's not even funny. AGAIN, I said 4 GIGA BOWSERS. The ones you posted aren't even close to the size of Giga Bowser. Understand Atomic? Giiiiigaaa Booooowwwssseeerrr. Not Bowser.

AtomicB said:
I mean, even if Bowser has been bigger than Ridley has, it still wouldn't matter.

You know what, Bowser dosen't even matter. It dosen't matter if they freakin shrunk him or not (Which they didn't.) Bowser's in Brawl, it's as simple as that. Did they shrink him? Who knows, cause they could've shrunk the 64 one or just as easily kept his size from the NES/SNES games. It's sad how you guys have to bring up a person who is already in to try to make a point. You must be desperate for some points.

AtomicB said:
And they could obviously only choose the biggest.

My point is that there's more big ones than small ones, which is true. So if there's more bigs ones, and there's characters with recent character models, you would think that Sakurai would MOST LIKELY use a big model for Ridley. It all just comes together.

Shoko said:
Wow, your understanding is so messed up it's not even funny. AGAIN, I said 4 GIGA BOWSERS. The ones you posted aren't even close to the size of Giga Bowser. Understand Atomic? Giiiiigaaa Booooowwwssseeerrr. Not Bowser.

Oh, we're talking about Giga Bowser? Why're you talking about Giga Bowser?

This is the Ridley thread. You should pay attention more closely.
But I think we both learned an important lesson.

You're word is law. I mean, Ridley has no choice but to be bigger than ever in Brawl. Even if he has never been as big as Giga Bowser.

I mean, the only way to make Ridley inn Brawl is to use the biggest version possible.

But Ridley isn't big enough, is he? No. Sakurai has to make him bigger! Bigger than Bowser! He must make him... GIGA RIDLEY!

Shoko said:
You know what, Bowser dosen't even matter. It dosen't matter if they freakin shrunk him or not (Which they didn't.) Bowser's in Brawl, it's as simple as that. Did they shrink him? Who knows, cause they could've shrunk the 64 one or just as easily kept his size from the NES/SNES games. It's sad how you guys have to bring up a person who is already in to try to make a point. You must be desperate for some points.

Yeah. You're right, Shoko.

I've run out of points. I mean, why on Earth should I use an already confirmed character as a basis for why a not yet confirmed character is possible?!

I mean, why should I try to make any points?! You know what, Shoko. You're right.

Me making points obviously means I've run out of points.

Shoko said:
My point is that there's more big ones than small ones, which is true.

And it's not like there's more big Bowsers than small ones.
He's been the same size as Mario in most games.

Shoko said:
So if there's more bigs ones, and there's characters with recent character models, you would think that Sakurai would MOST LIKELY use a big one. It all just comes together.

Yeah.
Sakurai would obviously use the impossible model instead of the possible one.

I mean, why would Sakurai do the possible when he couldn't do the impossible?!

It only makes perfect sense! That's why Sakurai used the Big Bowser, but excluded the little Bowser!

Oh, and this is impossible.
mball08_071210e-l.jpg

pokemon_trainer_070829e-l.jpg

I mean, why would Sakurai do that. It's impossible! Good thing I ran out of points, right, Shoko?

mball08_071210e-l.jpg

I personally think that looks awesome. Updated GFX and appropriate model...wow.

AtomicB said:
Oh, we're talking about Giga Bowser? Why're you talking about Giga Bowser?

1) Because Johnknight1 mentioned him. As hard as it may sound Atomic, Think.

2) And those pictures you posted wouldn't be his correct size!!!! Charizard is 5'10, and you know good and well Ridley is taller than 5'10. You fail Atomic, you just fail.

You know what atomic, your simply being way too optimistic, too receptive. you swear that ol anyone can be in Brawl. Heck, in the site discussion thread, you even said that FROGGER, F***in FROGGER could be put in Brawl as a playable character in Brawl. That's the worst bull I've ever heard. Frogger, the frog that can't even swim. Heck, does he even attack in his games!? everyone can't be in Brawl Atomic, and your just not understanding that.

Shoko said:
1) Because Johnknight1 mentioned him. As hard as it may sound Atomic, Think.

Wow. No need to resort to insults, genius.

Shoko said:
2) And those pictures you posted wouldn't be his correct size!!!! Charizard is 5'10, and you know good and well Ridley is taller than 5'10. You fail Atomic, you just fail.

Yeah, because Bowser isn't bigger than Charizard. Therefore Bowser is smaller 5'10 to. Ridley has NEVER been 5'10, right? No evidence whatsoever!

samus_ridley.jpg

metroid_1.gif

I sure do fail. Really hard.

Shoko said:
You know what atomic, your simply being way too optimistic, too receptive. you swear that ol anyone can be in Brawl.

Yeah.

Thinking that a character who got the 2nd highest vote in the pole, and is the main antagonist of a major franchise is optimistic!

Shoko said:
Heck, in the site discussion thread, you even said that FROGGER, F***in FROGGER could be put in Brawl as a playable character in Brawl.

You're ability to detect sarcasm if freaking astounding.

I mean, Frogger is obviously up there in the polls with Ridley. And Frogger is the main antagonist of Metroid.

Shoko said:
That's the worst bull I've ever heard. Frogger, the frog that can't even swim. Heck, does he even attack in his games!? everyone can't be in Brawl Atomic, and your just not understanding that.

You're right. Everybody can't. As for Ridley, he's one of the most wanted characters in out of all the game characters on Nintendo's list.

Shoko, you fail at life, and anything else you pursue. Good luck with that!

AtomicB said:
Yeah.

Thinking that a character who got the 2nd highest vote in the pole, and is the main antagonist of a major franchise is optimistic!

Just goes to show that there's plenty of optimistic people out there (And fanboys, and little kids that don't have enough sense to consider limits.)

AtmoicB said:
You're ability to detect sarcasm if freaking astounding.

I mean, Frogger is obviously up there in the polls with Ridley. And Frogger is the main antagonist of Metroid.

You weren't being sarcastic when you said that. You said something like, "If sakurai wanted to, he could" or "With Sakurai's mind, anything is possible" or something like that, and that dosen't sound sarcastic at all.

AtomicB said:
I sure do fail. Really hard

Yes, you certainly do. Your sarcasm is hilarious because when you say something, [sarcastically,] is true, like your above statement.

Good job Atomic!! Those pics are perfect proof, even though it's 2 images of small Ridleys and there's more big ones than small ones!! Even in those pictures you posted, Ridley is taller than 5'10. Samus is taller than 5'10, correct? Yes she is, and that Ridley was just as big as her, meaning that that Ridley is taller 5'10.

Last edited:
Shoko said:
Just goes to show that there's plenty of optimistic people out there (And fanboys, and little kids that don't have enough sense to consider limits.)

So, he was the second most popular character on the polls. Check.
He's been a reasonable size officially. Check.
He's a popular character in a series with one rep. Check.

Wow. I'm optimistic. No hope. I sure am a fan boy. No chance whatsoever.

Shoko said:
You weren't being sarcastic when you said that. You said something like, "If sakurai wanted to, he could" or "With Sakurai's mind, anything is possible" or something like that, and that dosen't sound sarcastic at all.

Oh no. You got me. It's a conspiracy. Well, I guess since I said Sakurai is creative enough to give Frogger a move set, that discounts any and all things I say. Amazing.

I guess all my points are invalid now. You sure showed me wrong.

Shoko said:
Yes, you certainly do. Your sarcasm is hilarious because when you say something, [sarcastically,] is true, like your above statement.

Hahaha! That's so funny! Wow!

Shoko said:
Good job Atomic!! 2 pics of a small Ridley!! Even in those pictures you posted, Ridley is taller than 5'10. Samus is taller than 5'10, correct? Yes she is, and that Ridley was just as big as her, meaning that that Ridley is 5'10.

OMGZ!!! You just proved my evidence wrong with random facts that you have nothing to back it up with!!!11111

Dude, are you even trying?
Stubborn little guy, aren't we.

So Samus is 5'10? Isn't Olimar one inch tall?

Do I need to show you those pics again?
metroid_1.gif

Holy Crazap! He's so big! NOT BRAWLABLE OBVIOUSLY!

samus_ridley.jpg

Oh noez!!! That's at least TWICE the size of Bowser or Giga Bowser!

You're just being stubborn, Shoko. It's hilarious! I'm enjoying this!
:lol:

I mean, saying I'm a fanboy because I have solid evidence? That sure proves me wrong! Your word is law, oh overload.

Shoko said:
Did you not read many pages back when he said he didn't even like Ridley's chances until Olimar was confirmed? Then, pages later, he said that he wasn't sure why he was even arguing since he's not very fond of Ridley in the 1st place?

zomg cheuck teh tread
Basically what he's implying is, "Sakurai can do anything he damn well pleases"...which is true. He's the head boss in the making of this game, he can do anything he wants.
Good job Atomic!! Those pics are perfect proof, even though it's 2 images of small Ridleys and there's more big ones than small ones!! Even in those pictures you posted, Ridley is taller than 5'10. Samus is taller than 5'10, correct? Yes she is, and that Ridley was just as big as her, meaning that that Ridley is taller 5'10.
I agree with him here. I mean, c'mon Atomic, Ridley has to be AT LEAST a few centimeters too tall. What ARE you thinking?

Back