S-L-O-W update. anyone else?

hollywood_sign

WiiChat Member
Dec 5, 2006
i got my wii today and it took about HALF HOUR to do the 1st update. Now its undating the channels and its been doing it for about 10 mins now and its only about 10% done. if that!

this happen to anyone else?

It all depends on your internet connection and whether you are using a good quality router, bad quality or Nintendo USB. What is your internet's speed and what device are you connecting with?

My update took me about 4-5 minutes and I am using a Belkin router with a very high speed broadband connection.

I have 2 Wii's in different rooms in the house, the one closer to the Access Point updates significantly faster than the one that is in the Family Room.

Could try moving it around and see if you get a better signal?

i have a BT router and broad band internet. i got a laptop and PC using thwe internet in the same room that have full signle and there running fast too.

:/

Yeh mine took ages too =]

1hr for the 1st update, then 30 mins for 2nd

The browser download took a while too =\

My connection isnt too good though so i cant complain ^_^

me 2!!!!

im having the same problem!!!!!...the first upate was like 30 min also then i selceted my country and now is making another update and is really rellay slow!!!!!

1.5mbit connectection, NDS wifi connector. all updates took less than 30 secs

Edit: sorry for the double post, noticed i missed an s, hit stop, filled it in and hit post again. came up with 2 posts

i have a problem

ok...now i have a problem..i have a conection of 256kbps..a wireless router of 56mbps, i alrdy make the firsst update but then i put the country and the console starts to download another update...but this one just goes like 5 cm and then it sops there! and i waited like 3 or 4 hours and it was on the same place so then i shut it down and appear the same thing (select country etc.) and then i upluged the electricity and is the same thing!!..AWWW!!!!...soo..if any can help me please relpy...

My Wii took about 1:15, to update the first time, i have a Linksys 802.11B router it is in the same room within about 25-30 ft from the console. I have yet to be able to download the trial internet browser because it will error out.

Thanks for that info. Looks like some of us have been having the same problems i'm glad it's not just me as far as the connection timing out could this possibly be due to the volume the servers are trying to handle? or do is it mainly on the Wii's end?.. has anyone had this issue for the internet download? That seems to be my problem now, i have updated but can't seem to download the opera app.

Tjharwin said:
It all depends on your internet connection and whether you are using a good quality router, bad quality or Nintendo USB. What is your internet's speed and what device are you connecting with?

My update took me about 4-5 minutes and I am using a Belkin router with a very high speed broadband connection.
Mine took that long but I have the Wifi USB connector! ;):cornut:

Back