screenshot app for the wii

tech.junkie

WiiChat Member
May 18, 2007
hi there!

is there a screenshot app for the wii? how do the people at IGN get theirs? i wanted to use screenshots as wallpapers or post them at forums when i get stuck or show the mii's on the plaza/parade.

I don't think there is any screen app for the Wii you can buy, but wait for other members to post here, they might have some other options or opinions to give to you.

The preview screens that ign have are given to them by the developers of the game.

One thing you could do, is get a DVD recorder, record footage of you playing the Wii, then transfer it to your PC, and rip the videos off, take a single image and do whatever you want with it.

It's how I got my avatar and signature!

P.S. If you want any more info, just ask!

Last edited:
awdawg said:
or perhaps a simpler idea, tv capture card, with the inputs you need ;)

Was going to post the same thing. Or if you use a PC that allows for video input. you usually have a way to capture the video.

I think the point of this thread is to find the most convoluted methods to get screen shots. Mine is -

Connect my Wii to my Tivo and record the screen input. Extract the file over FTP and use an application to convert the TY file to an MPG. Then use video editing software to extract the correct frame from the MPEG file and save it as a JPEG.

ciper said:
I think the point of this thread is to find the most convoluted methods to get screen shots. Mine is -

Connect my Wii to my Tivo and record the screen input. Extract the file over FTP and use an application to convert the TY file to an MPG. Then use video editing software to extract the correct frame from the MPEG file and save it as a JPEG.

Haha, thats a lot of effort for a screenshot.

Ok, you want a REALLY easy way? There is a cord out there that can let you use your computer moniter as a TV screen...then just press the Prt Scrn button. Seriously, the hardest part is finding the cord >_<

S.S. said:
Ok, you want a REALLY easy way? There is a cord out there that can let you use your computer moniter as a TV screen...then just press the Prt Scrn button. Seriously, the hardest part is finding the cord >_<

If you just use a VGA adapter to hook your wii up to your monitor, explain where the print screen button is located on the wii.

Think about that one.

The V-Box for Wii by XCM is more than just a VGA Box to connect your Wii console to any PC screens. It is USB based, you connect to any PC via USB 2.0 port and let you record or capture all that your Wii display on the screens.
An add-on recorder also can allow you to record DVD/VCD/CD via the V-Box from the disk player to your PC hard drive.
big_img2.jpg

http://www.divineo.com/cgi-bin/div-us/zz-wii-vbox

Thank you sadist, that's exactly what I was thinking of. The Print Screen button is located on the keyboard and the both the computer AND the Wii are hooked up to the moniter

S.S. said:
Thank you sadist, that's exactly what I was thinking of. The Print Screen button is located on the keyboard and the both the computer AND the Wii are hooked up to the moniter
Print screen will only take a screenshot of what the PC is outputting, not what is displayed on the monitor.

Edit:
I just realized that you were talking about that thing that Sadist posted so nvm.

Back