screenshot app for the wii

S.S. said:
Thank you sadist, that's exactly what I was thinking of. The Print Screen button is located on the keyboard and the both the computer AND the Wii are hooked up to the moniter

It's awesome, but I wouldn't have referred to it as a "cable"

Well there was a less advanced version that was even more of a cable than this one, but Sadist managed to find the upgrade that I had heard about...since I hadn't seen it yet I didn't want to mention it as if it were a fact

I had posted it awhile ago to someone elses question inquering video's. I wasn't aware of a lesser version, however for the most part this is the type of utility to use. Besides lower quality 3rd party camera's aimed at the screen.

Yeah, I found out about it during the days of the Gamecube...when it was still relatively new...

The XCM V-box is not a good suggestion. It is a standard USB video capture device that has been modified to use a Wii video connection rather than the standard composite RCA.

S.S. said:
Ok, you want a REALLY easy way? There is a cord out there that can let you use your computer moniter as a TV screen...then just press the Prt Scrn button. Seriously, the hardest part is finding the cord >_<
:lol: Think about what you just said. Don't try to pretend you meant what sadistblue posted because it is NOT the same thing.

Last edited:
SadistBlue said:
big_img2.jpg

http://www.divineo.com/cgi-bin/div-us/zz-wii-vbox

wow! so there IS an accessory, thats the easiest way as of now, but also not a cheap solution. the best would be IMO a homebrew utility installed on the wii via the SD card perhaps? & then the screenshot would be stored on the SD card too.

how i hope the wii can be like the PSP where homebrew apps can be made & installed on.

tech.junkie said:
wow! so there IS an accessory, thats the easiest way as of now, but also not a cheap solution. the best would be IMO a homebrew utility installed on the wii via the SD card perhaps? & then the screenshot would be stored on the SD card too.

how i hope the wii can be like the PSP where homebrew apps can be made & installed on.
Like I said in my post just prior to yours it is not something new. USB video capture devices have existed for YEARS and this one is only different because it has the Wii plug on the end.

This is the same thing but for 25 dollars shipped
http://cgi.ebay.com/10-NIB-USB-Vide...31QQihZ011QQcategoryZ3761QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
The XCM V-Box is crap for the money.

There is no such thing as Wii homebrew.

Yup, most have the three colored ends...the red white and yellow that plug into your comp...but this one was made specifically for Wii

S.S. said:
Yup, most have the three colored ends...the red white and yellow that plug into your comp...but this one was made specifically for Wii
Isnt that a bad thing? What if you want to screenshot your playstation or xbox or watch TV on the PC?

No, it's definately a good thing...the problem being I haven't found one yet...well, I found one on EBay, but some guy jacked just before time ran out >_<

S.S. said:
No, it's definately a good thing...the problem being I haven't found one yet...well, I found one on EBay, but some guy jacked just before time ran out >_<
Let me clarify. You're saying its a good thing that you can use it ONLY with the Wii instead of buying one that can be used for any system??

I must honestly agree with Ciper on this one. You might want to find some sort of input device that accepts rca feeds. As it would prove more useful in the longrun.

tech.junkie said:

We are not currently at a stage where wii homebrew yet alone a firmware hack is an option for the wii. Which in case a new firmware would be required to do screenshots of games to my knowledge (If at all). The PSP uses a firmware to take screenshots.

SadistBlue said:
I must honestly agree with Ciper on this one. You might want to find some sort of input device that accepts rca feeds. As it would prove more useful in the longrun.
I hope you didn't take offense to my posts. I wasn't trying to say your idea was bad, it actually answers the original question perfectly.

ciper said:
I hope you didn't take offense to my posts. I wasn't trying to say your idea was bad, it actually answers the original question perfectly.

There was no offense taken. It was the support of the idea of buying a device simply for the wii might be a waste of money compared to one that does any rca input.

Back