Sega questions, just a few

supanova

chaos whore
I am planning on buying a megadrive for the following reasons:

1. I've become all retro lately;
2. I plan on owning all old school consoles at some point;
3. I've never owned a Sega, and with good reason I'm sure.

And I have a few questions regarding the megadrive:

1. Can I play Master System games on there? Or is this just strictly megadrive games only?
2. What are some good games that people can recommend, please avoid the basics such as Sonic and most of the games I can get on the VC.
3. Is it worth £20.00, including all cables and two controllers? (shipping is also included in that £20.00)

Thank you and good night.

1. It couldn't play Master System games on its own, but an add-on (the Power Base Converter) was released to allow backward compatibility.

2. Phantasy Star series, the Shinobi series, Shining Force I, II, Landstalker, Strider, Theme Park, Micro Machines '96, Cannon Fodder, Soleil, Rocket Knight Adventures, Sparkster, Dynamite Headdy, Herzog Zwei, Flashback, Talmit's Adventure

3. Worth is subjective. Personally I say it's a decent deal.

supanova said:
1. Can I play Master System games on there? Or is this just strictly megadrive games only?

With a master system addapter you can
2. What are some good games that people can recommend, please avoid the basics such as Sonic and most of the games I can get on the VC.
Theres a thread somewhare in the lounge where I recomedned a load
http://www.wiichat.com/lounge/32224-sega-recommendations.html

3. Is it worth £20.00, including all cables and two controllers? (shipping is also included in that £20.00)
No unless it comes with games
Your geting ripped off
Try placeies like cash converters
http://www.cashconverters.co.uk/
or Game station or even Ebay

Side note
Sega mega drive collection (£15)
Tresure collection (not out in the UK yet)
I recomend them to save you money

Last edited:
You can but there quite rare
So errrrrr Ebay

But theres a major fault with all of them

THE PAUSE BUTTONS ON THE CONSOLE

Back