Reminisage

Matt's_A_Bluebird

Proud Owner Of A Wii
Mar 13, 2007
CARDIFF IN WALES!
Wii Online Code
7591-7050-1749-1437
Here post some of the first games you ever played or fairly old games that stick in your mind.

Some of my first games where the whole Sonic series on the Sega Megadrive, good times.

A game that sticks in my mind would be Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped on the PS1 (big old classic version), I paticularly remember this as when I played this I was at the age where staying up all night was considered crazy. My cousin slept over one night and we stayed up and played it from start to finish, from what I remember I think we finished about half seven in the morning lol! Oh the memories...

LOL, the first game I played was pokemon yellow....... I was 8 or so. Also warioland......start + select x 16. FTW!

Before the gameboy, it was just the arcades.

hmm, my first game was probably pokemon yellow too adam.

but other ones that stand out are Croc and Spyro the Dragonfly, for the PS1, Goldeneye 007 for the N64, and Street Fighter 2 or Sonic for the Genesis.

Ah I completely forgot! Also post your first Handhelds lol! Yes I remember playin Pokemon Blue and yeah Warioland 2 & 3 I had. Ah Pokemon, In my old Gameboy Advance case I have Blue, Red, Yellow, Gold & Crystal, I was mad about those. A DS lite is in the post somewhere, when it finally arrives I may consider getting one of the new ones, it was so much better with the 151 Pokemon though, or whatever it was.

Oh YEAH! Croc I totally forgot that existed! That was great yeah lol!

Last edited:
GC was my first console. We traveled a lot when I was a kid, so I have every handheld in the series. LOL.

GB - WL, Tetris
Pocket - yellow
color - gold/silver
gba - Fire Emblem
ds - MK

woot, not following the rules, but I'm still reminiscing.

Yeah i had classic, pocket, colour and advance. Never got round to an SP and I missed the regular DSs, soon to have a Lite though!

The earliest I remember was when I was about 4 playing a game called Snake, Rattle and Roll on the Nes :p

snakerattlenroll.gif

WHATA GAME!

I played on this machine my dad had when he was young. It was called a "Binotone TV Master MK6." It is an orange machine with only built in games and they are black and white, proper original pong and like 5 other games like that. I think it's quite funny as it says in the box "You can afford Tomorrows World Today," it must've been seen as so "space age" for it's time. Oh and the contollres are square with one twister dial and the ports are "Left Player" and "Right Player."
PS. Soz for double post.

my first system was teh nes, well it was my big sis's till i sorta took it over :smilewinkgrin: my memories on that system include super mario bros. duck hunt, and DR. MARIO. I would play that game all night trying to get to higher levels. There was also this athletics game with a pad like ddr's ancestor till the pad broke.

my dad bought me an snes soon after. mario paint, there was a crazy fly swatting mini game, and super mario world occupied my time

My first game was Sonic the Hedgehog for the Mega Drive, which I got when I was about 6. I was a big fan of the series back then, the music, level design, graphics and gameplay were all superb. The combined Sonic 3 and Knuckles was the best, I remember spending ages completing the game with every character.

The best Mega Drive game I played was Zombies Ate My Neighbours (which was just called Zombies in this country). I would spend many hours in my room playing that game.

Also, although it's not particularly old I should mention Final Fantasy VII. The first time I played it it blew me away, I never realised video games could be so expansive and deep. Of course now I'm older I've found better RPGs (Tales of Symphonia, Final Fantasy VI, etc.) but my first experience of an RPG still sticks with me.

mm i dont remember well..

i remember mario for the super nintendo,the ducks and other games for the atari,then pokemon stadium, mario kart,golden eye,paper mario and others for the 64,and pokemon mystery dungeon, firered,emerald,pokemon diamond,chocobo tales,yoshi s island,megaman,castlevania,for ds,gears of war (once)and i wanna try viva pinata!!!! soon:yesnod:

I remember playing Pitfall for Atari, Super Mario Brother for NES as well as Popeye and Kid Icarus. Super Mario Land for Gameboy, Super Mario RPG. The list could go on and on...

The first game I played was Daley Thompson's Olympic Challenge on C64 that I got for christmas when I was 3 years old. And 1987 came System 3's The Last Ninja and then it's two sequels, all of which I still play through quite regularly. I'd say they're the games that turned me into a "hardcore" gamer. I mainly used the C64 to learn basic programming before I got the first Last Ninja.

Then came NES with Mario, Zelda and Punch-Out etc.. And SNES had a huge amount of games that stuck in my memory forever, like Super Metroid, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy IV etc..

Back