Why did compaines have to ruin GREAT Videogame series?

Has ANYONE else here completed the water temple? Anyone?

I'm ready to take my frustration the water temple gave me, out on you. ;_;

And yes, it's still there, lingering... eating away at me until I beat it in OoT3DS. :lol:

Back on topic: Zelda series. Has it maintained it's quality or is there a downward trend?

Absolutely. It had a strange moment during the 'Cube (everyone was unnecessarily skeptic about WW's cell shading, and I'm calling out four swords), but there's never been an actual low point, or even a medium point in the Zelda series since CD-i.

DOOMSTEADY FUN FACT #27:

Ive never completed ANY zelda game (please hold you're applause) so I wish to make this SS the first.

You're not alone... .-. Until somewhat recently I've only beaten TP, and ALttP. I'll be getting my hands on a used copy of WW once I fix the Wii, and OoT3DS in due time.

NO.

Suffering through the water temple is possible the most important experience of Ocarina. Figuring it out on your own is one of the greatest achievements in gaming.

Maybe you have the type of time on your hands that allows you to wander around a level for hours. I dont. I want it to be an in and out experience that doesnt take me more than and hour to get through. Its debatable that if you mess up in certain places in the water temple than you have to start the whole game over (Which when I discovered I just gave the game back to my friend). Im not taking that risk this time around.

ANYWAYS......

How does every body like the Mario Kart series. Think nintendos keepin it fresh or are they just beatin a dead horse?

IMO Any mario kart is fun as long as your playin with actual people.

I want it to be an in and out experience that doesnt take me more than and hour to get through. Its debatable that if you mess up in certain places in the water temple than you have to start the whole game over (Which when I discovered I just gave the game back to my friend). Im not taking that risk this time around.
Contrary to popular belief, you can not permamently screw up the water temple to the point where you have to start over. The developers made certain of that.
Zelda games have always been about wandering around, especially the NES Zelda being cryptic about its puzzles.

On mario kart,
Nintendo always does a "keep things the same, add a few new features" kind of thing. As long as they don't do yearly releases (e.g. Call of Duty) most nintendo games will continue having a high quality as well as good sales.
I would prefer seeing a F-Zero release, with online.

How does every body like the Mario Kart series. Think nintendos keepin it fresh or are they just beatin a dead horse?

They're certainly beatin' a dead horse at this point, but the blunt weapon they're using seems to have Life3 added to it. Mario Kart's always fun with new releases coming with new courses and new items, as well as a new gimmick each time (... except for the handhelds), be it Double Dash!!'s two players on a kart, or Wii's bikes. Combine that together, and Nintendo knows how to breath life(3) back into Mario Kart every time.

I would prefer seeing a F-Zero release, with online.
[video=youtube;sBwwUfuJZr8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBwwUfuJZr8[/video]

Watch it all the way through without killing the volume... I dare you.

It's Nintendo's hardcore racer.
The series is known for it's high difficulty. You have an energy bar which means if you run out of it, you're out, permamently. It makes it fun since you can knock out other racers.

well seeing that they only made like, what, 3 games? I guess even if they wanted to mess it up they didn't have since the last one was for the GC. Im lookin at the videos and it looks stupid fast.

Anyone remember Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg?

YOU NO WHATS WHATS WORST A COMPANY THAT NEVER FINISH A SERIES EXAMPLE NINTENDO WHEN WILL YOU RELEASE EARTHBOUND 3 sorry for caps just wanted to express my anger

That was a good game

Last edited by a moderator:
^Ahhhhh....... the rare yet marveling DP.

Never played Earth bound. RPGs are kinda boring to me but I may try it.

Back