Why did compaines have to ruin GREAT Videogame series?

Please stop using the word "vanilla" when it isn't referencing flavour

Marvel 3 came out in march and now theyve already got an ultimate (disc only) version coming out in NOVEMBER.

OHAI BLAZBLUE 3DS.

Yep, some fighting games are notorious for releasing new versions on disc that simply aren't worth the full price; and no, the trade-in price for your old disc doesn't make getting the new one worth it either. 'Least such game series' aren't as bad as every sports game by EA though. A new version every year with updated graphics... Yeah.

If only games were more like Red Dead... It's gotten 6~ DLCs (half of which were free I believe, and one which received best DLC of the year), and you were never required to buy another disc. These DLCs were core changes or additions to gameplay as well, not just a few new characters like in MvC Ultimate's case. Cost less, got more.

Please stop using the word "vanilla" when it isn't referencing flavour

Sorry, but thats how we talk on SRK when referring to original versions of fighting games.

And Seth killian never really answered WHY we were getting it so soon Wiiassasin. He said it was complicated but had something to do with the correlation with Marvel and Capcom release schedules.

BlazBlue is doing the same thing with their franchise though their fans have their noses too high in the air to admit it.

maybe there is a reason for all this maybe they where low on budget that they couldn't afford these things my guess :mushroomlife:

And Seth killian never really answered WHY we were getting it so soon Wiiassasin. He said it was complicated but had something to do with the correlation with Marvel and Capcom release schedules.
IIRC UMvC was supposed to be DLC add-ons but the release schedule was disrupted due to the earthquake.
So no, UMvC was not part of the original plan.

You know its strange.
SNK used to release one game a year. Now they take there time and people love them for it

Still
Needs more Garou 2
Sorry, but thats how we talk on SRK when referring to original versions of fighting games.
>Using words and chaining there meaning
How very American

You know its strange.
SNK used to release one game a year. Now they take there time and people love them for it

Still
Needs more Garou 2

Plus KOF12 was a letdown. They needed to take a step back and make some changes.

And there are many things that may be "American", but changing words is not one of them. Aqua Teen Hunger Force on the other hand, IS.

Garou needs its beauty sleep. let it rest.

(Meanwhile back on topic before someone bites my head off...)

Honestly SEGA is in the works of bringing back Sonic from the ashes(COLORS was a baby step) so im not mad at them right now. While Nintendo is constantly trying to teach an old dog new tricks w/mario, I might just actually buy the new zelda game.

DOOMSTEADY FUN FACT #27:

Ive never completed ANY zelda game (please hold you're applause) so I wish to make this SS the first.

Yes over ten years ago.

BEFORE I HAD A GUIDE!!

I had Zelda and Turok two at the same time.

LIFEWASGOOD

I can't imagine using a guide on a Zelda game. It's an anti-thesis to the series.
It took me several new-games but by god I found that key in the center pillar.

Back on topic: Zelda series. Has it maintained it's quality or is there a downward trend?

Using a guide is like a slap in the face to all the people who took time making those puzzles. If I ever obtain OOT Ill only use a guide for the (you guessed it) water temple because I think the producers hired wizards to create that level.

In my opinion, Zelda and Metroid are my favorite Nintendo franchises (next to you know what) because they always kept games fresh and didnt change too much from the series (1st person for metroid was a good step). Even though wind waker is my favorite LOZ game I still think Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword are soon to be classics. As for the HANDHELD versions of Zelda - meh....

If I ever obtain OOT Ill only use a guide for the (you guessed it) water temple because I think the producers hired wizards to create that level.
NO.

Suffering through the water temple is possible the most important experience of Ocarina. Figuring it out on your own is one of the greatest achievements in gaming.

Back