sensor bar placement on plasma tv wall mounted

catman25

WiiChat Member
Dec 25, 2006
ok i have a 42 inch plasma tv wall mounted with the sensor bar on the bottom ..My theroy is this..If my tv was placed on the floor then i would put the sensor on top of the tv.. pretty much the same place..So in the software would i put sensor placement on bottom or top?Right now i put top thinking it would be on top if my tv was in normal veiwing range.Wondering if itsd better not trying to be smarter then the system..Hope you can see where my mind is on this..I have little ones looking up at the tv ,where the tv is eye level if im standing...Kinda 10-15 degree increase if im sitting.. thanks

Last edited:
Try them both and see which you prefer. I'd select bottom anyways, but theres no harm in choosing top, it just means you point lower than if you were to choose bottom.

Whatever you do don't screw up your set! I'd recommend you leave your TV alone and consider your Sensor Bar as an afterthought. They're basically infared receivers. AoTS showed that placing two burning candles on both sides of the set will have the same effect as they emit the same light. Just don't screw up your wall trying to mount the thing.

I don't think it matter where you would have "normally" placed it based on mounting, it matters where it is in relation to the screen. It helps the Wii determine up-down relative to the sensor's location in relation so the screen (the 2 sets of sensors already help with left-right.)

SO, if placed below, you should choose below.

yeah, unless you just can't get the sensor bar located due to cable limitations, I don't see the point. stupid.

Back