Seriously!!! What do the USB ports do?!

Maazer

Play Wiibass
Dec 8, 2006
South Fla
Wii Online Code
6091-9772-3062-6345
I still haven't gotten an answer yet from anyone and maybe the details aren't available yet...i know they charge iPods and look very fashionable - but what do they do?!

vagrant said:
lol, he's asking what the usb ports on the wii do.

And nothing really yet, it will change in the near future with firmware updates.

:devil: thank you for understanding my sense of humor. :eek:ut:
but i was trying to help by informing that USB does more than charge an iPod. :rolleyes:

pizzaluvr said:
he was talking about on a wii, ninty completely messed up on this, you can't even read music or pictures...

yet

thank you for understanding my sense of humor.
but i was trying to help by informing that USB does more than charge an iPod.

Obviously I did get it, considering I put an "lol" at the beginning.

so, that is a basic function that should be included in the box, it takes about 2 hours to program a music player, and about the same amount of time for a photo player, if i could just hook up an external hard drive to my wii i could play music without my loud 360 fans

pizzaluvr said:
so, that is a basic function that should be included in the box, it takes about 2 hours to program a music player, and about the same amount of time for a photo player, if i could just hook up an external hard drive to my wii i could play music without my loud 360 fans

You do realize you can view pictures and play music via an SD card right?

hmm... I guess they can do whatever they want. The Wii is just a bunch of components put together like a PC, but with standardised hardware and software and since it is hooked up online then they can update everything whenever they want.

They'd have to be careful with doing too much though as they will start opening up holes for the modders :p + virus writers etc...

Will be very interesting to see what they come up with. Using the spare processing capacity of the Wii as a super computer for cancer research?? or maybe even redering graphics?? They could sell the processor time and give Wii users some Wii points in return :) or even setup a lottery so that if your Wii processes something that in turns leads to a discovery then u get a bonus! lol

haha, i really hope you will be able to upload mp3s on the wii via the USB ports. i know for games like excite truck, you can listen to music will playing if its on yoru SD card. i understand that nintendo is strictly about gaming, but now that everything does EVERYTHING nowadays, it wouldnt have been so much of a concussion to nintendo for them to add some basic media components, since they make so much $$$ off of every wii sold. by the end of they year, they're gonna break even!

Here's what I was told. Nintendo plans on allowing a USB keyboard, and headset in the future (No idea when). Because it's Nintendo, expect other unique USB devices. Possibly something like Donkey Kong USB drums.

sagema said:
Here's what I was told. Nintendo plans on allowing a USB keyboard, and headset in the future (No idea when). Because it's Nintendo, expect other unique USB devices. Possibly something like Donkey Kong USB drums.

Why would you want to connect a headset directly to the console when you could plug it into your Wii-mote? Kind of destroys the wireless enviroment right? Let's hope they can come up with something more interesting like a USB host controller. Then you could plug almost anything to the console :smilewinkgrin:

vlad said:

retard.jpg

or you could not plug it into anything and use blue tooth they would just need a driver cd or a firmware update with the headsets

Back