Shortages?

manred

Animal Collective
Dec 30, 2007
Wherever Fate Takes Me
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Just found this article, hopefully there isn't shortages.

Hardware shortages we can understand — heck, we can even sympathize. Making hardware is hard. Game shortages? Well, that's just silly. After delays, there will apparently be a Super Smash Bros. Brawl shortage. According to blog Canned Dogs, retailer Lepton is only getting 156 copies, but has over 800 pre-orders. Nintendo is apparently giving afflilate stores first-priority and Lepton isn't one of them. What's more, importer National Console Report has closed its SSBB pre-orders, stating:

Last night, vendors in Japan warned us that there might be a shortage of [SSBB] so we're closing preorders today. If the information turns out to be erroneous, we'll accept new preorders again.

The launch day shipment is apparently going to be somewhere between 300,000 and 400,000 copies. But, why? Unless I'm missing something, that doesn't make much sense. There aren't any semiconducters in a game disc. It's just data printed on a CD. So, print up more. Delays aside and all, for a game that has been hyped for a year and a half, you'd think they'd be better prepared. That, or hype their games less.

http://kotaku.com/348787/there-are-going-to-be-ssbb-shortages-why

they limit it so demand stays high and they can keep the price high. if everyone who wanted it got it right away then they'd have to drop the price to induce more sales and the stragglers would get a better price. if they have a steady stream of sales then everyone pays high

SkullKid said:
i didn't preorder, so hopefully i'll have some luck while out on the road looking for a copy.:scared:
lol i dont even have a wii yet man so yuor alot further off than me lol

I have a friend that works for bestbuy, I'm gonna get in contact with him. :lol:

I hope he can hook it up and get me a copy the day it comes out or before.

~X

X@vier said:
I have a friend that works for bestbuy, I'm gonna get in contact with him. :lol:

I hope he can hook it up and get me a copy the day it comes out or before.

~X
GA! you people and your contacts! lol and you live in toronto to so your very close to me and i'm very tempted to ask for a copy haha kidding. did you preorder or you just going to get him to swipe one for you?

I was just thinking about that today cause I pre-ordered at toys r us here in canada but I dont wanna get there sunday morning and find it all gone I hope people don't camp out

spiff-ssbb said:
they limit it so demand stays high and they can keep the price high. if everyone who wanted it got it right away then they'd have to drop the price to induce more sales and the stragglers would get a better price. if they have a steady stream of sales then everyone pays high

My Econ teacher said that you can't increase demand by limiting supply.

Hyde14 said:
I was just thinking about that today cause I pre-ordered at toys r us here in canada but I dont wanna get there sunday morning and find it all gone I hope people don't camp out
well, don't be too suprised if they do camp out. I just want to warn you.

spiff-ssbb said:
GA! you people and your contacts! lol and you live in toronto to so your very close to me and i'm very tempted to ask for a copy haha kidding. did you preorder or you just going to get him to swipe one for you?

i didn't preorder and i hope I can get him to get it for me, if not, I'm gonna have to get up very early in the morning so i can go and pick it up. :yesnod:

~X

Oh no... There's no way i'm gonna be allowed to camp out...
I preordered my game at my local gamestop, but now it doesn't look like that will be enough. I'm getting there at eight and getting in line! No way am I missing the game of the century!

(Yay! My 50th post! 50 posts in 2 days- I have no life lol)

Back