Smash Bros. Quantity

ocdan

Pastafarian
Oct 16, 2006
Oak Creek, Wisconsin
Since SSBB is coming out so early (Nov. 3rd), whats the likelyness of it being available for holiday shopping? it is a greatly anticipated game upon nintendo goers. just curious

Wait... WHAT?!?!?! It's coming out the third? Like two weeks and two days before the Wii comes out, the third?:wtf: Is this true? I feel so stupid right now.

ocdan said:
Since SSBB is coming out so early (Nov. 3rd), whats the likelyness of it being available for holiday shopping? it is a greatly anticipated game upon nintendo goers. just curious

... :wtf:

i dunno, I have a list here I got from GameStop and it says a few games are coming out at least a week earlier than system launch...

Marvel UA: Nov. 7
Rayman: Nov 14
etc

the earliest release dates are Nov. 1st

nope its a wii specific game list. Ultimate Alliance is already out on other platforms and this list says availability for wii on Nov. 7th... This is also included on the list:

NOTE: Date listed is anticipated ship date. Store Receipt date may vary but is typically the next day.

so even if the list is wrong, it should only be off by a day or two.

yes i read the other thread about release date change, so yeah. but games are still launching before the system... check out some online shops, gamestop and target so far show early release titles.

wtf? Im checking the british www.play.com now...

It appears that Call of Duty 3 is out on the 1st Dec (launch being on the 8th here), but everything else is on or after launch. According to this, smash bros is out as early as the 22nd Dec 06 though. I think thats wrong, its silly bringing it out so close to xmas. Most people have presents bought and wrapped by then... I think it will be out early next year. if it was out this year, i think nintendo would have confirmed something by now.

Last edited:
chessaholic said:
wtf? Im checking the british www.play.com now...

It appears that Call of Duty 3 is out on the 1st Dec (launch being on the 8th here), but everything else is on or after launch. According to this, smash bros is out as early as the 22nd Dec 06 though. I think thats wrong, its silly bringing it out so close to xmas. Most people have presents bought and wrapped by then... I think it will be out early next year. if it was out this year, i think nintendo would have confirmed something by now.

perhaps its being shipped on dec. 1
and its just an old list, before they knew the release date they just gave out random dates for games

Back