Super Smash Bros Brawl Controlling and Movement

They have stated that they are hard at work trying find a way to control the characters with the wii-mote/nun chuck, AS WELL AS the GC style which has already been confirmed. They included the old GC style so as not to alienate those who've become accustomed to the old way.
But I'm hoping those of us daring enough to try the wiimote style get access to special moves, or some other perk for having to adapt to the new system instead of taking the easy way out.
The wiimote/nunchuck is perfectly capable of handling the controls. Just think outside the box here. The nunchuck for movement,blocking and throws (via z triggers) the wiimote can be used for light melee attacks like the sword slashing in zelda, or perhaps assig each attack to a button on the wiimote? (a,and b just like the GC version). See there is potential for this to work out with the wii interface. You just have to be willing to try it. I mean if you had the drive to get a wii, and learn the new controls then why do you lack the motivation to learn a new way to play and old favorite?

Extra Life Mushroom said:
They have stated that they are hard at work trying find a way to control the characters with the wii-mote/nun chuck, AS WELL AS the GC style which has already been confirmed. They included the old GC style so as not to alienate those who've become accustomed to the old way.
But I'm hoping those of us daring enough to try the wiimote style get access to special moves, or some other perk for having to adapt to the new system instead of taking the easy way out.
The wiimote/nunchuck is perfectly capable of handling the controls. Just think outside the box here. The nunchuck for movement,blocking and throws (via z triggers) the wiimote can be used for light melee attacks like the sword slashing in zelda, or perhaps assig each attack to a button on the wiimote? (a,and b just like the GC version). See there is potential for this to work out with the wii interface. You just have to be willing to try it. I mean if you had the drive to get a wii, and learn the new controls then why do you lack the motivation to learn a new way to play and old favorite?

I completely agree...Thats all I've been trying to point out. I really do think the Wiimote is perfectly capable of working with Brawl. And I look forward to playing with it.

MasterJedi, I don't wanna sound like a jerk but I have to ask. If it is a Wii game, why does it HAVE to use the Wii Remote? I mean of course that IS the major appeal of the Wii, but what if some games just work better with a Gamecube controller? Not EVERY game can be played effectively using motion sensoring.

SubZero5268 said:
MasterJedi, I don't wanna sound like a jerk but I have to ask. If it is a Wii game, why does it HAVE to use the Wii Remote? I mean of course that IS the major appeal of the Wii, but what if some games just work better with a Gamecube controller? Not EVERY game can be played effectively using motion sensoring.

From what i see MasterJedi has been saying that it will work with the two controllers due to the gamers choice. I mean to me i don't see why they wouldn't do it because they already did it with mortal kombat(using the wiimote and i think it will work with the other controllers). But he is not saying that it is a must that it use the wiimote only. he is saying that he looks forward to using it and he knows that it will use the wii mote. But honestly your question is similiar to this one "why does it have to play Wii games?" the whole point is, it is the wii and people bought the wii to play games with the new capablities of the controller. I have been sitting down for awhile thinking of why nintendo don't make the wii gamers have a choice with the controller in every wii game. Their are alot of lazy gamers who don't feel like moving their arms, Bunch of couch potatoes, farting on their mommy couch all day. At least let the gamer can have a choice but its not that big of a deal to begin with.

Back