SNES vs. Sega Genesis

Spyro

Wii60
Jul 11, 2007
There doesn't seem to be a poll option, so lets just post our opinions. Only answer if you have played both.

I have to go with the Genesis. I have played both many a-time and I can't seem to convince myself that the SNES was better. Sonic II, Street Fighter, NBA Live, it just doesn't get any better. Super Mario World was cool, but it got very frustrating and had no replay value.

What do you think?

well in my opinion snes was better

mostly cause i dont like sonic games and street fighter seems like the only good one on the console

and snes had donky kong country and super metroid, (some of my favorite games)

Spyro said:
There doesn't seem to be a poll option, so lets just post our opinions. Only answer if you have played both.

I have to go with the Genesis. I have played both many a-time and I can't seem to convince myself that the SNES was better. Sonic II, Street Fighter, NBA Live, it just doesn't get any better. Super Mario World was cool, but it got very frustrating and had no replay value.

What do you think?

Wow, okay.

Street Fighter was on SNES.
NBA Live was on SNES (Sports games back then sucked anyway).
Sonic II: The only game you listed that was good, let alone a Genesis exclusive. And Super Mario World is known for its awesome replay value. Ever heard of speed runs?

Check this out:
(NSFW, Foul Language): http://screwattack.com/Flash HTML/ANN/WiiSalute.html

It's aimed at the Wii, but he makes some good points.

hmm...i got both too

i'll go with the snes

sega had add on like the 32x and the sega cd.....that sucks alot of energy to play and.....the add on......there just bad

I had both as well and I liked SNES better. And as far as Super Mario World not having any replay value I have to disagree. I have played that game numerous times. Yes it is frustrating but it still has great replay value.

I own both.

The games mentioned (apart from Sonic) were on the SNES anyway, and seemed better (I know that's already been stated).

I don't mind the megadrive as some games are pretty fun on it, but the SNES pwns it more so.

FYI, California Games on the Mega Drive is rubbish compared to the NES version, take that anyway you like. Still a great game though.

And basketball games, for any console, back in 92/93, were all the most frustrating things in the world. I'd sooner die.

Since the Sega Mega Drive was my very first console, I am going to go with that one just for the sake of old times. But the SNES is also great though.

SNES was definetly the better console. I remember my brother got the Sega and I got the SNES around the same time, and whenever a game was released for both consoles, we were always pissed if we got the Sega version. The SNES versions were just worlds better, especially the Mortal Kombats.
Sonics 1-3 were great games, but whenever they had equal games SNES games were just that much better.

replay of Super Mario World? Well, I have been with 2 girlfriends now, who I said....."hey did you ever play video games?" and they BOTH said, Super Mario World......I played 2 player with 2 different girls and beat it all over again..........the most recent on the Wii, the one before on the actual Super NES.

You cant argue with playing Super MArio World as a date with some hot-ass bizatch.

I have gotten 0%pussy from Golden Axe and Altered Beast.....FYIs

SNES with Star Fox, Super Metroid, A Link to the past, SMW, SMK, FF4, Act Raiser, Mario All-Stars, and Super Castlevania. Genesis is sooo close though with Sonic(all of them), Golden Axe, Altered Beast and Ristar

still, all due respect to Genesis......it was awesome for its time and kind of changed the landscape of the early 90's making things totaly "rad"..........its REAL legacy was forcing the 8 bit NES to compete. We got quality games from both systems that may never have existed the way they do, unless there was that competition.

On from SegaCD and 32X, that's another story........

Back