SNES vs. Sega Genesis

Mega drive was and still is good.
SNES had some good games but I didnt like the RPGs on it and the d pad wasnt to good for fighting games.
True the Mega drive wasnt techicaly better than the SNES (the sound of Fei long on Super Street fighter 2 sounded like a traped wasp)but then again the better hardware dosent allways win.
Also The mega drive had Gunstar heros, Streets of rage 2, Shining force and Phantasy star

Darkprinny said:

Mega drive was and still is good.
SNES had some good games but I didnt like the RPGs on it and the d pad wasnt to good for fighting games.
True the Mega drive wasnt techicaly better than the SNES (the sound of Fei long on Super Street fighter 2 sounded like a traped wasp)but then again the better hardware dosent allways win.
Also The mega drive had Gunstar heros, Streets of rage 2, Shining force and Phantasy star

You didnt like FFII or III at all? Those were the only two SNES RPGs I think I played, but I loved them. I still prefered all the NES RPGs however.

The Controls for fighting games? didnt you have to hit start on the Genesis controller to toggle between the 3 punch buttons and 3 kick buttons? I had no prob with controls for the fighting game craze.

Gunstar and Streets of Rage 1-3 are ok..........there are many better Genesis games I would name before those........

Conan the Librarian said:
You didnt like FFII or III at all? Those were the only two SNES RPGs I think I played, but I loved them. I still prefered all the NES RPGs however.
No
The combat bores me
The Controls for fighting games? didnt you have to hit start on the Genesis controller to toggle between the 3 punch buttons and 3 kick buttons? I had no prob with controls for the fighting game craze.
The Megadrive had a six button pad.
Latter Megadrives came with it as standerd
Gunstar and Streets of Rage 1-3 are ok..........there are many better Genesis games I would name before those........
GUNSTAR OK
STRETS OF RAGE 2 OK
Flys off to go punch a mountain

I was waiting for Dark Prinny to hop on this subject heh. Genesis all the way.

all your base are belong to us.

Ahem

I'm going to go with GENESIS.
SNES was great and all, but I didnt like Super Mario World at all... I did like...
1. Drakkhen
2. StarFox
3. Super Mario 3 (world, bros, I dunno)
4. Zelda: Link to the Past
5. DK Country 2
6. Super Black Bass 2
7. Lost Vikings ll

Genesis I liked...
1. Sonic 1,2,3, & Knux, & Spinball
2. Ultimati Qix
3. Shining Force
4. Streets of Rage ll
5. Space Harrier ll
6. Road Rash
7. Vectorman 1&2
8. Shinobi lll
9. Shadow Dancer
10. Earthworm Jim
11. Pigskin
12. Dynamite Heady
13. Chakan
14. Landstalker
15. Ristar
16. Comix Zone
17. Rocket Night Adventure & Sparkster
18. Flicky (it was fun no matter what you say)
19. Knuckles Chaotix
20. Sonic CD
21. Beyond Oasis
22. Gunstar Heroes
23. Columns

Genesis also had (drumroll)...
SEGA CHANNEL!
How's that for kickass.

(Reminder: OPINION!)

Last edited:
Tails McCloud~ said:
6. Road Rash
10. Earthworm Jim
17. Rocket Night Adventure & Sparkster
Also on the snes
The snes ver of Sparkster is diffrent

5. Space Harrier ll

You are joking
Arnt you ?
I was waiting for Dark Prinny to hop on this subject heh. Genesis all the way.

all your base are belong to us.
hop
HOP
HOP
I crashed into this topic hair first.
Well at the moment this sites failing for me A LOT (I dont mean fail as in YOU FAIL I mean it in "Page cannot be displayed" fail

@Prinn- No, I love Space Harrier ll. And I know those others were on SNES also, but it was easier to play them with a Genesis controller.

i like the genesis,but the snes was by far the better system. way more replay on its games.

Back