Dead Franchises

Bodine

Sonic expert
Jan 25, 2009
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
Heres a list of my top 10 games that died that should be resurrected today.

10. Kid Icarus
A game that started on the NES. Very addicting gameplay and sometimes frustratingly difficult. After the horrible sequel on the Gameboy, Nintendo hasn't seen fit to bring the game back.

9. Rayman
Raving Rabbids don't count. Every Rayman fan will agree.

8. Marvel vs. Capcom
Everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY loves this game. But after EA bought the rights to Marvel games, Capcom has missed their major cash cow.

7. Starfox
Why is this on the list? Cause after Starfox64, this series died for me. Starfox64 was the peak of the Starfox success and the games to follow were crap.

6. The Ooze
Anybody who played this on their Sega Genesis just did 2 things when they read this. 1. Say "Hell Yeah!" 2. played the memorable heavy metal theme of the first level.

5. Donkey Kong Country
...nuff said. These games were crafted from win.

4. Ristar
A.K.A. Segas Masterpiece. Back in the day if you got your hand on this rare gem you were auto-hooked.

3. Ecco
I'm straight I swear. But this game was,... beautiful. Thats what it had going for it. Its sheer beauty.

2. Earthworm Jim
PLAZMA!!! WHOA NELLY!!! OUCH!!! GROOVY!!! Funniest thing to hit the Genesis. Besides Sonic, this was the game to own. It also had an SNES port, but for some reason Jim was always thought of as a Genesis man. Hell, some people thought Sega made the game instead of Shiny.

1. EarthBound
This game, IMO, is the best RPG I've ever played. I'm a diehard fan and get so pissed when I think of how Nintendo just dangles the game over Americas head. It even had a sequel, Mother3. Only released in Japan though, but. Well just visit Starmen.net for more info.

There you have it folks. Agree? Disagree? Suggestions? Discuss.

6. The Ooze
Anybody who played this on their Sega Genesis just did 2 things when they read this. 1. Say "Hell Yeah!" 2. played the memorable heavy metal theme of the first level.
Never played it on the Sega Genesis

Played it on the mega drive tho
I remember it being not that good
4. Ristar
A.K.A. Segas Masterpiece. Back in the day if you got your hand on this rare gem you were auto-hooked.

Dont remember it being all that rare
2. Earthworm Jim
PLAZMA!!! WHOA NELLY!!! OUCH!!! GROOVY!!! Funniest thing to hit the Genesis. Besides Sonic, this was the game to own. It also had an SNES port, but for some reason Jim was always thought of as a Genesis man. Hell, some people thought Sega made the game instead of Shiny.
There is a new one on the way

Can I do one

To late
In no order
Phantasy star in the classic style
All this online nonsense has spoiled what was a damn fine seres of RPGs
Perhaps some of the best useis of spells as well
(if some of the characters do different spells at the same turn they will combine some of the time)

Panzer Dragoon
Considering its track record of greatness im surprised theres no Panzer dragoon coming out for the current gen
A Wii version would be nice

Snatcher
Few have played it
Most liked it due to its Blade runner esc settings and narrative

Burining rangers
Ok its not a series of games
But it was made on the wrong console

I think they ARE making a new Earthworm Jim game... for the PSP.
Hopefully we'll see a DS EW Jim game sometime later.
Touch Screen + Flying Cows= WIN

I think they ARE making a new Earthworm Jim game... for the PSP.
Hopefully we'll see a DS EW Jim game sometime later.
Touch Screen + Flying Cows= WIN
They WERE making a remake of it for the PSP but it got droped. A PS3 EWJ is the rumor.

8. Marvel vs. Capcom
Everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY loves this game. But after EA bought the rights to Marvel games, Capcom has missed their major cash cow.

1. EarthBound
This game, IMO, is the best RPG I've ever played. I'm a diehard fan and get so pissed when I think of how Nintendo just dangles the game over Americas head. It even had a sequel, Mother3. Only released in Japan though, but. Well just visit Starmen.net for more info.

Yessir, Capcom vs. SNK just didn't get it done for me.

I'm not much of an Earthbound fan, but we're in dire need of a truly great RPG. I wish Square would stop being lame and hook Nintendo up with Seiken Densetsu 3 on VC.

I'm going to add a series that is in the process of being revived- Tecmo Bowl. In November, the Nintendo DS was the lucky recipient of Tecmo Bowl Kickoff. It's a great title; it stays true to the classic franchise, yet has its own unique style. I believe that this is the best game on the DS, even with its flaws. The Wii will be seeing a Tecmo Bowl release sometime in 2009, and I can only hope that they take their time with it and fix the few flaws that kept TBK from being perfect.

im gona say donkey kong needs something like he did on the n64 because since then his legacy has tarnished

Sonic should have died in 2001

Ressurected titles:
Bloody Roar (furry fighting ftw)
Lost Vikings (It was fun, sue me)
Mortal Kombat (It started turning crap around deception)
Sparkster (just cuz)

I have many.

@some posters above
Capcom vs SNK WAAAAAY > Marvel vs Capcom
Waaaaaaaaaay >

No, adventure and adventure2 were epic. esprciall the first adventure

Back