So i gave the radio station a call.....

balrogs.pa said:
subtract 14 by 10, if you don't know math thats horribly sad. . .

to the topic: Well you shouldn't be one to complain, it's a radiostation conversation between adults, if you sound like a little kid on the phone then they won't accept you, kind of like a dinner, kids barely would talk because the parents/older siblings talk about something you have no f'n clue about. even though in this case you do.
Actually they thought he was 24. If he was "14 ten years ago" that would make him 24 now. I.e 14 + 10 = 24

Well technically you would be considered a biased party since you are a gamer. Then again... 95% of the people who talk down about games don't even have any experience with games.

That's bullsht. They cut you off because you were about to debate against them. NOT because of your age. Radio Station dumbasses are like that.

It would have been 4BC Brisbane.
And the hosts would have been Rod Tiley and Alex (female) Bernard.

Now, I live in Queensland, but not in Brisbane (I found the radio information out on wikipedia), and I remember listening years ago to the ABC Local Radio's Evening Show with Alex Bernard and she had a guest on talking about violent games. That guest was blaming ALL TYPES of video games for the problems with today's kids. Now I didn't ring up, but a lot of people did. Anyone who believed that what the man was saying was crap, was also shot down on air, made to sound like a nerd and given no time whatsoever, no matter how old they are. Anyone who agreed with what the man was saying (55 year old women) where treated ever so nicely.

So maybe Alex Bernard has a problem with video games.

Wiily Good said:
It would have been 4BC Brisbane.
And the hosts would have been Rod Tiley and Alex (female) Bernard.

Now, I live in Queensland, but not in Brisbane (I found the radio information out on wikipedia), and I remember listening years ago to the ABC Local Radio's Evening Show with Alex Bernard and she had a guest on talking about violent games. That guest was blaming ALL TYPES of video games for the problems with today's kids. Now I didn't ring up, but a lot of people did. Anyone who believed that what the man was saying was crap, was also shot down on air, made to sound like a nerd and given no time whatsoever, no matter how old they are. Anyone who agreed with what the man was saying (55 year old women) where treated ever so nicely.

So maybe Alex Bernard has a problem with video games.

Yeah, I've dealt with the radio insustry before it's all political. You either agree with them or... click....

the one and only answer is

letter bombs

im sure you can find out how to make one and send it to them :D

in my opinion sure some video game have realistic violence but can't made you kill, sure video game violence you are under the influence but they can make someone kill o comit murders, some people don't realize that video game violence is a great stress relevier. that doom for example, if someone just gets home from work or school and he or she is mad, shooting stuff would make you feel better, or Mortal Kombat (any vesion would work)
or Resident evil series, or godfather or scarfave or halo, mass effect, ninja gaiden, street fighter, streets of rage, legel inforcers, dracula, GTA games, HOTD games. it goes on & on. some people should realize video game violence does both good and bad but you gave to make what your going to do with it, to kill in real life or in a video game. some relaxing games what i know might be ecco the dophine or endless ocean

bigwilliiy said:
My mum was driving me home from school, just 30 minutes ago, and naturally we were listening to the radi, and in came an intresting topic-
"Video games cause kids to kill"

I listened as a bunch of callers complaing there too violent and such.

Then one said they should be banned

That was the final straw, i gave the station a ring and in a barrage of vocal, spoken from the heart words i get to hear their response:

" your 14 eh?"

"yes"

"Sounds like you were 14 10 years ago"

then they just cut me off,

IM SO ****ING PISSED NOW. I SHARE MY THOUGHTS AND WHAT HAPPENS THEY GET SHOT DOWN AND THEY CUT ME OFF.

Im not in the mood for ****.
Only one solution. Find out where the presenter lives and burn down his house.

It's ironic because he is the one that drove you to it, not video games :lol:

konomaroh said:
I must be slow or something, what the HELL did they mean by sounds like you were 14 10 years ago
like they're saying hes lying about his age. that he's 24 now and not 14.

i'm 15 and some games can do that but don't ban them. if parents are complaining about their kids just slap the parents and say "why did you let your ****ing kids play them then?"

Guys thanks for all your support/concern. This little thread should be shown to one of them and it says : " Gamers, Live together, Fight together"

Thank you guys.

Back