Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Solution to my overscann problem!!!! Will it work???

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Hardware' started by robybobby, Jan 31, 2013.

1. robybobby

robybobby WiiChat Member

Long story short. I play Madden 13 on the Wii. I usually will user control a CB or FS and make mad interceptions. Anyway, when I play the side couple inches of the field are cut off which stops me from seeing what is going on and makes it impossible to play as a CB.

I currently use Component cables. I've tried switching to 16:9 and 4:3, tried changing resolutions and of course tried every different mode I could have tried. I've also spent far to much time on forums like this seeing what other people have done. Some of the more technical ones basically say if I can't change my overscan on my TV, there is nothing to do as Wii no longer uses a "safe zone" which I suppose makes sure that this problem doesn't happen on older HDTVs.

Now when I plug my laptop into that same Vizio HDTV, I use a VGA cable and I am able to adjust screen height, width and position. So my question is this. If I get a VGA cable to plug my Wii in through that same input, will I still be able to adjust height, width and position as this would likely solve my issue? The cable ranges from $25 to $40 so I would like to make sure it will work before I spend that money.