Some Questions about Wii

lochiebrad

WiiChat Member
Nov 22, 2006
I've recently been converted from getting an Xbox360 for christmas to a Wii. However, I have some questions about the console first before I make my decision concrete.

1. I know there are 2 USB 2.0 ports on the console. Does that mean that we can attatch an external hard drive to the Wii to hold all of our media and use it as a hub?

2. Are the games we download limited to being stored on the internal 512MB of storage, hence only 10 or so N64 titles can be stored?

3. Can the classic controller be used to play any of the Wii games that don't take advantage of the pointing system?

4. How will the Opera browser work with such a low resolution output (ie: text will be difficult to read)?

Thank you very much if you can answer any of these, because they've been burning away at me.

1. not ATM, you have to use SD

2. no, because you can use an SD card

3. those are for VC

4. downgrading... it won't be good as a main browser, but might be good for doing sympol(sp?) things, such as ordering pizza online :)

What!? SO it's not a fully-fledged browser!?

What do you mean by VC?

virtual console, and yes it's a fully fledged browser, but if you are going to be doing anything for very long, it might be more ergonomic to do it on a computer

One more thing: Is it possible to use the Wii remote as a conventional universal TV remote? Because that would be really cool.

Back