Sonic Gets 3.9 from ign

opitekk

Old School Master
Aug 14, 2007
Michigan
LOL, this just cracks me up more and more every time a new sonic game comes out.

Can Sega just kill sonic off once and for all!?

All of us knew it would be a disaster as usual.

Please don't buy this game so they will stop making this garbage

Thank You.

Cant wait for this rumored New Sonic title to come out

From what I herd of Unleashed the Sonic bits where good
Its just the other bits where shite

Meh, its not Sonic Unleashed. Now that Unleashed has released, Sega has found the formula for a really good Sonic game. Just make a new one like that but without the Werehog and fans will love it.

man dont believe IGN they have no credibility what so ever. they gave sonic freakin heroes an 8 and this game is way better. plus they have takin a liking to bashing sonic whenever they can. This game probably deserves a 7.5 or so.(got an 8 from nintendo power)

man dont believe IGN they have no credibility what so ever. they gave sonic freakin heroes an 8 and this game is way better. plus they have takin a liking to bashing sonic whenever they can. This game probably deserves a 7.5 or so.(got an 8 from nintendo power)
But I usually don't go by Nintendo Power. They gave Shadow the Hedgehog an 7.5 if I'm not mistaken and I think everyone can agree if anything deserves a 3 or lower its that game.

I usually agree with Matt Casamassina's reviews but most of the people who have the game seem to be saying that it is better than the Secret Rings or on par with Unleashed and both received higher scores from IGN.

I think the fact that it is a Sonic game almost automatically loses it points with IGN because they really want Sega to produce something of Mario Galaxy quality. If it wasn't a Sonic game and was an unknown IP then maybe it would have been scored higher.

Meh, its not Sonic Unleashed. Now that Unleashed has released, Sega has found the formula for a really good Sonic game. Just make a new one like that but without the Werehog and fans will love it.
Funnly I did have a dream last night where i sent Sega a letter about that and they gave me a job making Sonic games with Sonic Team
All of a sudden Sega are outa the ****

Yeah, IGN has no "credibility" but Nintendo Power does.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I never trust single format mags

Well I did
The official Saturn magazine was good

Just wanted to clear this up for everyone who may not know, since no one has clearly said it yet..
This thread is about
Sonic and The Black Knight

How can it be so bad with the new melee element..
..and the first of it's kind to have an online component

Nintendo Power probably gets paid by Sega to write a good review~
Nar
Sega cant afford to do it anymore

Just wanted to clear this up for everyone who may not know, since no one has clearly said it yet..
This thread is about
Sonic and The Black Knight

Its about the games shitty review score

I said it was gonna be **** when I herd of it

Alright well i rented this game today just to see if it was as bad as ign made out to be ,or deserved the rating NP gave it. (BTW Gamesradar gave it a 6 ,but bashed the hell out of it which to me 6 isn't bad about average considering its rare for a game to get 10)

I'm on the fence of whether this game deserves to be purchased at its 50 dollar price tag ,or wait for a drop to 40-30.

The mission structure is much better in this game than Secret Rings. You are not forced to do crap missions to progress especially crap missions that are extremely difficult. Although thus i found the missions to be rather easy. Fun ,but easy. Although i must not be doing enough of something as i'm only getting 3 out of 5 star ranks.

I'm not finding the melee being an issue against the speed as i'm always finding myself diving into a horde of baddies sword swinging then quickly jumping back ,and diving back in to finish off the remains. This all happens so quick. The only baddies i really had to almost come to a complete stop to battle was the really big guys with a huge axe ,but fighting them properly only takes a few seconds to get it out of the way.

One issue i am having though is during the duels with shadow, knuckles ,and etc. you can't go into them duels waggling away as you have to defend with Z then time your attacks which can be tough as i never seem to keep my defense up long enough (its kind of like blocking in smash bros),but sometimes you'll get a QTE when you clash with them ,and i can never seem to win them as it shows you got to waggle the remote ,but it never works. In other words these battles seem kind of like a case of chance. This is where the game loses some points with me ,and starts feeling like its a wait for 30-40 price tag.

I found the online competent very interesting as it feels like it gives the game some major replayablity considering you can almost fly thru the main game. I only played for 2 hours ,and faced shadow ,and knuckles ,and on my way to battle the second dragon in the game.

Controls wise makes me a little more on the fence about the game. The waggle controls never seemed completely a pain in the wrist ( pun intend) as like with some games such as TMNT. I think maybe it would of been nice for light attacks mapped to B then like a strong spin slash (kind of like crash bandicoot if he had a sword in hand) mapped to the waggle. Then surge could of been mapped to C with wiimote controls the same for that. I understand why they went with waggle as i'm sure they figured a quick slash of the remote would benifit the more reactionary combat in the game.

In other words the controls work well. They could of been better ,but they don't nesscerily break the experince. Remember this isn't Soul Calibur Legends ,and such where you are surround by enemies that makes waggling tedious. You fly thru these baddies so quick then you can dispatch them just as quick with a quick swipe.

So what are my final thoughts...Well I don't think IGN's scored was deserved thats for sure. I dont what they were expecting. The production values are really great by the way which helps as it feels polished not like a last gen port with waggle shoehorned in. you can tell the waggle was design oriented not just something attached to make it a wii game like it is with ports.

Now on the other of the spectrum was NP a little too forgiving well yes ,and no. I can see where they gave it an 8 with its online mode giving it some replayable legs, the high production values, and just how fun it is. I can see them knocking in points because of the controls.

Although for me while the online mode for me its not enough to jusitify a 50 dollar purchase when it seems like the game can be completed so quickly. Now if this was released back in January ,or even Feb when releases were really slow ,and something as huge as Madworld wasn't around the corner I'd say its fun enough to pay 50 bux for it if the story/gameplay will interest you ,and competing online for high scores sounds fun.

Except Madworld is around the corner ,and to me competing online for high scores are fun ,but not fun enough that i give the game a 7.5 ,and say its worth 30-40 of your gamer bux. The only way i'd see purchasing at 50 is during a slow month if its still at that price by then.

Just remember one thing don't except a Sonic Unleashed Daytime levels type experience. As long as you aren't expecting that you'll enjoy them game like i am.

Back