SOTW #10 Applications

Almo said:
lol well i got bored so heres a second go... kinda wierd but thats what i was going for...
banjo2copyvr1.jpg
NOOO!!! HELL NO. No no no no no. No No nO nO No No nO nO.

Get my point?

ssbb_lover said:
NOOO!!! HELL NO. No no no no no. No No nO nO No No nO nO.

Get my point?
no sorry you wernt quite clear.... could you please define yourself a little more, you wernt strait to the point....

Almo said:
no sorry you wernt quite clear.... could you please define yourself a little more, you wernt strait to the point....
Try this then.

Use that one and i'll f***ing rip off your neck.

Less foggy?

Btw, you need a border for your current.

ssbb_lover said:
Try this then.

Less foggy?

lolmsorry forgot the sarcasm tags...
hmm im not so good at borders... is there an easy filter thatll do it for me ? :p

Almo said:
lolmsorry forgot the sarcasm tags...
hmm im not so good at borders... is there an easy filter thatll do it for me ? :p
Try:

Create a new layer, then go to Select > All. After doing that, go Edit > Stroke and select the color of border you want. Try doing 2 pixels and click "ok". Tuh-dah, you have a border.

If you want a cinematic border like in my current, open a new document with the dimensions [width of your sig]x10. Now, select all, copy, and paste onto your sig. Now click on the move tool BUT DO NOT USE THE CURSOR. Instead, hold shift and use the arrow keys to move it up, then paste another one and put it on the bottom.

ONE more that I would suggest. Create a new layer, then go Edit > Stroke with the color set to black with the pixels set to 3, then stroke again at to pixels with the color set to white, finally stroke again at 1 pixel with the color set to black. Set the layer to overlay and you're all good.

You writing this down young man?

ssbb_lover said:
Try:

Create a new layer, then go to Select > All. After doing that, go Edit > Stroke and select the color of border you want. Try doing 2 pixels and click "ok". Tuh-dah, you have a border.

If you want a cinematic border like in my current, open a new document with the dimensions [width of your sig]x10. Now, select all, copy, and paste onto your sig. Now click on the move tool BUT DO NOT USE THE CURSOR. Instead, hold shift and use the arrow keys to move it up, then paste another one and put it on the bottom.

ONE more that I would suggest. Create a new layer, then go Edit > Stroke with the color set to black with the pixels set to 3, then stroke again at to pixels with the color set to white, finally stroke again at 1 pixel with the color set to black. Set the layer to overlay and you're all good.

You writing this down young man?

lol oh thats easy... lol will giv it a go, just making a few more changes for you to yell about :p

hows this one? better or worse?
banjocopy22ju0.jpg

Last edited:
ssbb_lover said:
Try this then.

Less foggy?

LMAO. Almo, I'd go read a tutorial or two before making a sig. Not that your sig is really bad, just kinda nooby (no offense). Plus you went ****ing crazy with the bevel effect in your second attempt, as ssbb made perfectly clear.

Almo said:
lol yeah im just waitin to see what grandpa tyler up there says.. :p
Meh, you kids these days...

It is better though. I'd definitely enter that one. The border looks surprisingly good without the layer mode set on "overlay"...
KCBlack said:
LMAO. Almo, I'd go read a tutorial or two before making a sig. Not that your sig is really bad, just kinda nooby (no offense).
Exactly. Almo, your sig honestly doesn't look bad, but just by looking at it I can tell that no difficult techniques went into it. Like KC said, go find some tutorials, they could change your (sig-making) life.

Last edited:
ssbb_lover said:
Meh, you kids these days...

It is better though. I'd definitely enter that one. The border looks surprisingly good without the layer mode set on "overlay"...

Exactly. Almo, your sig honestly doesn't look bad, but just by looking at it I can tell that no difficult techniques went into it. Like KC said, go find some tutorials, they could change your (sig-making) life.
have read a few though i cant learn through them, the easiest way for me is just to play around and do it. Plus ive only been making sigs for a few weeks, i dont expect them to be any good, i enter for practice and fun, not to try and prove how good i am

Almo said:
have read a few though i cant learn through them, the easiest way for me is just to play around and do it. Plus ive only been making sigs for a few weeks, i dont expect them to be any good, i enter for practice and fun, not to try and prove how good i am

Aint my tut clear to you?? :lol:

I recommend for you to register in GameRenders, it has great tuts, very detailed, and they are very easy to understand.

demonflair said:
Aint my tut clear to you?? :lol:

I recommend for you to register in GameRenders, it has great tuts, very detailed, and they are very easy to understand.
lol no offence intended demon! i just cant learn that way, not my learning style, but oh well ill pick it up :) im happy with what i can do as a noob for now

Almo said:
lol no offence intended demon! i just cant learn that way, not my learning style, but oh well ill pick it up :) im happy with what i can do as a noob for now

Meh... you're like everyone else, "I can't do it, I will stay at my own n00bish style"... :)
As long as you improve with it.

demonflair said:
Meh... you're like everyone else, "I can't do it, I will stay at my own n00bish style"... :)
As long as you improve with it.
lol i will, good things take time

Back