Sound card help please

Angie21m

WiiChat Member
Dec 30, 2009
Hi, I have two different sd cards. Not sure if they are called scan disks or sound cards. But when I go to use it it says the device inserted does not work with that device. I have a 2 gig scan disk and it says the wii on it. Then I have a regular one that is 2 gigs. I have version 3.4 of the wii. Thanks for any help. It won't save anything and I never used it before. I've had it for like two years. I played the games but never bothered to save them.

Hi, I have two different sd cards. Not sure if they are called scan disks or sound cards. But when I go to use it it says the device inserted does not work with that device. I have a 2 gig scan disk and it says the wii on it. Then I have a regular one that is 2 gigs. I have version 3.4 of the wii. Thanks for any help. It won't save anything and I never used it before. I've had it for like two years. I played the games but never bothered to save them.

Okay there's a few things. First, SD card stands for Secure Digital card. Since you have an old version of the Wii System Software, you will be unable to use an SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity) card unless you update. The Wii can only read regular SD cards (not SDHC) that are 2GB or less. SD cards used on the Wii must be formatted with either FAT or FAT32 and not anything else like NTFS (FAT32 is better than FAT). If you're still having problems, there's more info about SD cards here:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/sdCards.jsp

Back