ssbb controller, which is it?!?!?

scubasteve

WiiChat Member
Nov 21, 2006
okay, im just gonna ask it plain and simple, flame me if u want, for super smash brothers brawl will we use wiimote and nunchuck or gc controller?!?!? i keep hearing references to both and it irritates me to not know, so can somone please clear this up for me.

scubasteve said:
thanks asshole, can you help me or not

hey, just relax. the director has said not to throw out your GC controller, but he has also said that the Classic Controller will be good too. the wiimote would just be too hard to control a normal SSB game, so its prob. gonna be one or the other CC or GC.

I can't find the answer yet either. I've found a lot of posts saying different things. Probably a long stretch but, anyone have anything confirmed?

im fine with the gc controller but cc is just rediculous, some people may not have classics due to the fact that they dont like any current vc games. but i do have 2 gc controllers, watever they decide to do i guess ill be fine.

im sure that if they have the cc, they'll have the gc as well.

that would make sense but for some reason people on here are suggesting the contrary, i cant think of a reason to use classic over gc.

scubasteve said:
that would make sense but for some reason people on here are suggesting the contrary, i cant think of a reason to use classic over gc.

come on now, we all know that reason: Nintendo wants to make money. That's why they made the DS Lite, thats why they'll release a new Wii with DVD capability. They'll make this CC only so you'll be forced to get a CC. and when somebody gets a CC, they'll go straight to the shop channel where Nintendo can make money. I hate it, you hate, but Nintendo loves it and they make the rules. at least the wii is 1/2 the cost of a ps3 or 360 plus its got a game included.

scubasteve said:
In my case, the only reason I have a CC is because my Wii is too far away from my sofa and I have to pick it and put it on the floor everytime I want to connect a GC controller, so, as the CC is wireless it's a lot more comfortable. I know I could buy a wavebird, but I live in Chile and I barely see them here (plus, they are more expensive than the CC, at least here)

oh, they arent wireless here, i think. oh and good point fwelr, i wouldnt have thought of that, i didnt think nintendo was like that but i guess every company is, hopefully they wont let their thirst for money determine which would be a better control sceme (arent there way more buttons on gc?)

scubasteve said:
oh, they arent wireless here, i think. oh and good point fwelr, i wouldnt have thought of that, i didnt think nintendo was like that but i guess every company is, hopefully they wont let their thirst for money determine which would be a better control sceme (arent there way more buttons on gc?)

im sorry to say that nintendo is like every other company in the world, they just make some pretty awesome video games. as far as the controllers go, the gc has a 3 "triggers" and a defined start button, while the cc has 2 "triggers" and + & - buttons, as well as the wii home button, but that's the only main difference, so i guess you'd have to grab with only L/R+A? if thats even the same control scheme.

Back