Start of Zelda: Twilight Princess

ghost.d0wn

WiiChat Member
Oct 30, 2006
I have a quick question... does Link start off as a child in Twilight Princess? Or is he already an adult?

ghost.d0wn said:
I have a quick question... does Link start off as a child in Twilight Princess? Or is he already an adult?

Already in his teens... although people would refer to him as an adult, I just cant picture calling him one due to him looking around 16-17 and at times 18 but ah well.

Last edited:
Its a fact that hes 16 in the beggining and then ages though the game.
Although I would have liked to had seen link as a child and then growing up to adult hood.

Yeah, I too did read that time would pass through the game which is good in terms of keepin on the tracks of realism.

In a way I like and prefer the fact that he wont be starting as a child in this one, because really we have already done it in OoT, MM and WW. Fair enough the older Zelda games had Links start as a teens, but in the last few titles over the years, even the ones on GB/GBA/DS, they have been children. So we need to balance it out and return to the roots somewhat.

Think about the way Link was in OoT, a boy who was new to the whole sword fighting and survival thing, managed to topple 3 big bosses before being put to sleep in the Chamber of Time, to grow to the sufficient age of the Hero of Time... :wtf:

Last edited:
He is sixteen and it has been confirmed that link will be able to age through the game. But I do not know if he looks much older as he progress through the game.

We will have to wait and see... some more than others. ;)

Last edited:
trust me he is sixteen and he ages through the game. What if he gets to old and die. Do you guys thinks it is possible???

...that would be pretty cool....but if that was the case nintendo probably would have shown us old link in the trailers. i doubt nintendo would keep that kind of a secret!

Or what if the older you get the stronger you get. You will learn all types of spells and you weapons will be stronger.

No it wouldnt. It would be cool to see evil take over for once and win. that wouldnt be cool it would be ****ing awesome.

Zaine06 said:
trust me he is sixteen and he ages through the game. What if he gets to old and die. Do you guys thinks it is possible???

:shocked: HOLY GOD Zaine, what the heck is your obsession with Link dying??????? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......man, every time I see you post its got to have something about Link dying!!!! I just hope you're wrong about Link dying...I dont want him to

Heh, this reminds me of Fable.

I loved the idea behind that game of aging... Ofcourse there were a lot of drawbacks, like you're the only one that ages... and when you're 65 you mum is somehow still in her 50s which kinda creeped me out... Plus you age really quickly (every time you add something to your stats, every +1 stat adds one year to your age D:).

Still, it was good, they pulled off the gradual change really well.

Mrjingles_23 said:
:shocked: HOLY GOD Zaine, what the heck is your obsession with Link dying??????? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......man, every time I see you post its got to have something about Link dying!!!! I just hope you're wrong about Link dying...I dont want him to
Man I really just want something bad to happen to link for once. I really dont want him to die. But if he does it is going to be awesome. LINK IS GOING TO DIE!!!!!

Back