Stories of luck

lansaguy

WiiChat Member
Jan 19, 2007
Chicago
I got a Wii about a month ago but was in GameCrazy today trading-in a used GC game for an Xbox one.
These two teenage boys are in there and ask some questions. One of them throws out "you got any Wii's?". I'm thinking, yea right, I've said that 50 times only to be rejected and the same will happen to you.
But the clerk says "yes we do". So of course both of the kids get all excited and one asks the guy if he can save one for him. Nope! For a laugh I said "I'd like to buy all of your Wii's, please."
Turns out they had ONE that they had saved for a few days while trying to get ahold of 2 people that were on their waiting list. The store decided to sell it after failed attempts to contact them so it had been sitting behind the couter all day waiting for someone to pop the question.
The kid got on his cell and his mom zoomed up about 5 minutes later (guess she was at Target across the parking lot).
I felt good for the boys and how lucky they were that someone else (even me) didn't hear the clerk say "Wii" and snatch it up.
Brings a tear to your eye, huh? Anyone else have a heart-warming story?

reverse_oreo said:
no. i sat outside of a store for 18 hours to get mine....it was cold.
Man, 18 hrs is a freakin long time! I only had to wait around 6 hrs on Jan 21st and had a chair, blankets, and umbrella but it was snowing :frown2:

Last edited:
Not really heart warming, but I only had to wait 5 days after release. Story's in my sig.

Not really good luck or heartwarming but...

On the morning of launch, 7th of December, after Mum dropped me off at school, I asked her to pop over to K-Mart just to check if they had any Wiis. I knew it was a long shot as they were only getting 12 in for launch.
When I get home I see a Wii box on the table. After my generic celebrations for about 5min I asked Mum how she got it. She just said, I walked into K-Mart, went to the home entertainment section and asked for a Wii. According to Mum, they were all hush hush about it and whispered, "There out the back, I'll just nip out and get one for you."
Also everywhere in the town where I live was selling there Wii's for $388. I don't know why but it was $11 below R.R.P.

Anyway, there's my story.

Got my income tax refund about 3 weeks ago and went straight to Wal-Mart (had been looking everywhere for a couple months, never seeing any and everytime I asked they always said no everywhere, every time. It was just another quick trip, totally expectant for nothing). But what do you know, on the bottom shelf peeking through all alone was a Wii box. Immediately I briskly walked to the sales girl and asked her to open the cabinet for me, asking if it was a Wii or just a box. She then said she has one at the front, and walked me to the counter. They had like 3 in a glass shelf. Checked out and grabbed a couple sodas from the soda machine and left, the happiest person in the area! Couldn't wipe the smile off my face the whole trip home. The memories are still fun!!

Koncept said:
I got my wii on launch day with no waiting outside. You call that lucky?
I'd say that's lucky. In my area (around Chicago) there are 9 million people so lot's of competition!

i cant stand people like those two teenagers who just get it easy like that, i went to wal mart and there was absoloutley no orginization at all, we saw people saving spots for friends who wer going to be "back soon", we came to find out they saved spots for about 20 people....frustrating that they basicly cut, because they never waited in the first place, well there was about 70 people there and the wal mart people wouldnt give us any indication on whether we should stay or leave, so of course we ( me and family ) stayed. then they told us everyone in line would get one, so about 3 hours later the dude comes out and lets like 25 people in and basicly sayed to the rest of us....goodbye. then we drove to target, where the orginization was fabulous, there was a perfect list made by a fanboy who had been in line for a day, we were 15 out of 25 and they past out tickets to those of us who would receive wiis in the morning, come morning we pack up our stuff off the street and get ready to go in, they gave us free popcorn and coffee while we waited, how nice of them, then we went in and i got my wii! still makes me happy:ciappa:

Yea, A+ to Target for keeping things organized around here too. It was like getting Willy Wonka's golden ticket :yesnod:

lansaguy said:
Yea, A+ to Target for keeping things organized around here too. It was like getting Willy Wonka's golden ticket :yesnod:[/QUO

yep target is awsome now, they have tons of games and they try to give you as much convenience as possible.

Back