Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SUPER MARIO GALAXY-The Greatest of all games

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by kilo27, Apr 8, 2007.

1. kilo27

kilo27 WiiChat Member

Miyamoto was quoted as saying "this is the best mario game ever". After looking at some screens and vids it sure looks like it. Just like what the original did, this game might even do the same,though mario can't get any more famous then he already is. Super Mario Galaxy looks beautiful and will shut up everyone who has criticised the wii for graphics, it looks different,original,fun,creative, we've seen super paper mario and how it has changed a genre now SMG might change the gaming world.

For some reason the game looks so epic and flawless and i believe that it could be one of the greatest video games ever produced, what do you guys think and how might it do on opening day?

2. blizzo

blizzo WiiChat Member

anyone heard anything about the multiplayer that's supposed to be in galaxy?

3. callme.nasty

callme.nasty Account Suspended

i think it looks garbage.

4. Samus101

Samus101 Super Hunter

-=CLASSIFIED=- Number of Kills: Over 100000 Bounty
    Then you've got mental issues. :eek:ut:

5. kilo27

kilo27 WiiChat Member

apparently it has a co-op mode maybe even through online, that would actually be sweeet but im more concerned with the story and single player expeirence same with prime 3.

6. Darkonix

Darkonix A.K.A. _-Fear-_-Me-_

Wii Friend Code: 2416-6513-0889-2126
    2416-6513-0889-2126

Im looking foward to this game. Just not looking foward to people like this. Funny thing is when the game comes out people like this are first inline to buy it. and Please dont post crap. Yes crap. If ya dont like something keep it to yourself. Makes everyone and myself feel a lot better.

I've seen some videos on galaxy and I really cant wait for this.

7. callme.nasty

yup. everybody has to love the same games. Just because mario's in space doesn't make it an awesome game. To me it just looks like a bunch of little planets that you jump around on, each with about one thing to do. I'd rather have giant worlds like Mario 64. But whatever, you fanboys can go crazy over it.

8. callme.nasty

its called a forum buddy. if you don't want peoples opinion then you can get the hell out.

9. Celestial

Celestial WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 3049-9371-2306-9680
    3049-9371-2306-9680
    :) I've seen the trailers and I'm not sure if I'm impressed or not, I really don't understand how the game works.

10. MasterJedi2U

MasterJedi2U Banned

Wii Friend Code: 5251-2094-6508-9892
    5251-2094-6508-9892
    Why don't YOU get out. Your opinions just seem to be the Wii is a horrible system and all the games are horrible. Super Mario Galaxy is going to be a great game. You don't have to be a fanboy to appreciate how great the graphics look (on a Wii standard that is) and how incredible the game looks as a whole.

I'm definitely going to get it. This whole co-oop thing though sounds stupid to me. Like REALLY out of your mind completely stupid.

11. WiiZero

WiiZero Game Wiizard

Wii Friend Code: 5435-9829-5121-8955
    5435-9829-5121-8955
    I think the co-op will fail but no one will use it and it doesn't need mini-games because of Mario Party 8

12. mosx

mosx WiiChat Member

I honestly can't wait for this game. This looks to be the best game for Wii, besides Zelda.

13. X2222

X2222 WiiChat Member

Yeah, you can't help but be excited for this game to come out. The gameplay, above all, just looks soo original that it will surely be epic. I can't wait.

14. callme.nasty

if i hated the wii then why would i be here? i have a wii, and i think its a great system. however, you can't deny how badly the wii is lacking in the games department. but, its a new system and thats how things go. there are tons of games i'm looking forward to. infact i'll probably even get mario galaxy to see what its like. i think it looks incredibly dull compared to mario 64, but i'm getting kind of bored with my wii at the moment and i could use some more games. but hey, maybe ssbb will be out by then and i won't have to waist my money on this.

And is having great graphics really a selling point to you for this game? i thought the whole thing about the Wii is that its all about gameplay? sure, these graphics look awesome. but i think the gameplay just doesn't look very good. And i'm not the only one in here that thinks so.

15. JoonKimDDS

JoonKimDDS WiiChat Member

a bunch of little planets that you jump around on, each with about 1 thing to do is the best thing about this game.

Each planet has VERY UNIQUE design that other planets don't have!
    that's where the creativity and idea come from and that's what makes the mario so good.

It's like Zelda where each dungeon has very unique puzzles that other dungeons don't have except Mario game isn't as frustrating as zelda is.
    That's what I don't like about zelda...it just makes me get frustrated.

16. callme.nasty

i understand how some people like that. its easier and i suppose could be fun to just fly through the game. however, what i liked about mario 64 was that it had fairly big levels and was very challenging (or atleast it was when i was 10). This whole mario in space thing just seems dumb to me. What the hell is mario doing in space? I'd love to just see a redone mario 64 with some killer graphics, bigger worlds, and some new features.

17. IcedEarth81

IcedEarth81 WiiChat Member

We don't know if the whole game is going to be small planets. The trailer they showed at the GDC had bigger planets than the older videos did. Perhaps as you progress through the game you get to bigger and bigger worlds. Who knows? Why blast something that has barely been shown? Until it comes out and is played through all the way by reviewers and gamers we won't know what all is in it.

18. Darkonix

Darkonix A.K.A. _-Fear-_-Me-_

Wii Friend Code: 2416-6513-0889-2126
    2416-6513-0889-2126
    There is a difference between opinions and negitivity. I accept all sorts of opinions but when posts contain immature comments such as "Garbage". I think that crosses the line. If you have negitive comments, those should be kept to yourself. If you have opinions on how the game isnt going to be good, by all means.. post away. =) See you in line to buy Galaxy.

19. JoonKimDDS

JoonKimDDS WiiChat Member

well...Mario is a plumber so he isn't even supposed to save Peach :)
    so what is he doing to save Peach instead of staying in bathroom?
    same thing. What is he doing in space?

Anyway if they make it like Mario 64, wouldn't it be just same as any other mario games we've played until now? I think supermario sunshine was similar to mario 64 with better graphic and bigger worlds.

just think that you connect all little planets and it will be as big as mario 64 world or bigger.

Have you ever heard of Little Big Planet on ps3 :D

20. mosx

mosx WiiChat Member

Yes I have, LBP looks to be a great game, Sony actually has some great games coming out for the PS3. They're gonna contend soon.

Back on topic, I am actually hoping for different Galaxies (duh) to explore. For each world or boss you face, its in a different galaxy, and then when you get to the main boss, it will be the ruler of space.