Super Paper Mario 2mrrw!

I going to try and get this tonight. Hopefully someone will have it. It looks awesome!

Last edited:
North99 said:
Wow...... has it been that many years since I looked at a map??

Last time I checked, Europe was east. I said I am WEST AND NORTH.

Ie: Canada.

I called every store that sells vids in town...... no one expecting it today except EB Games. Walmart says she doesnt know because shes a moron. Superstore employees are even dumber(and I suppose thats why they do not have their number listed in the white pages, yellow pages, or on 411, or on their website....... i had to call the pharmacist). Zellers lady just told me "no we dont have it." me: Are you planning on getting it today? "all depends if it was shipped or not"

Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh. Why does the nearest city have to be 4.5hr drive away? a 9hour round trip for that game, plus stops to buy game and grab food and gas, would take me to around 8pm tonight to get home with, and by then, I might as well just go to sleep until tomorrow cause I'll be burnt out from driving so long.

I *can* have patience, and I do with some things. But when I want something, i want it RIGHTNOWIMMEDIATELY,SOFASTISHOULDNTHAVETOFINISHTYPINGTHISSENTENCEWITHOUTHAVINGITINMYPOSSESSION.

Oh I didn't feel like looking at your other posts.

Shouldn't you have it in a few days then. You live in Canada?!

Stop crying, you'll be getting it soon enough!

En4Neo said:
Oh I didn't feel like looking at your other posts.

Shouldn't you have it in a few days then. You live in Canada?!

Stop crying, you'll be getting it soon enough!

I will get it soon....... i know........................ but I want it so bad!! I KNOW there are people playing it RIGHT THIS VERY MOMENT and its just.. just.. not fair!!! I want to play it *more* than they do. :crazy:

anybody actually have this game yet? first impressions, thoughts, score out of 10 so far?

I have impressions

There is no platforming in this game. Just exploration/puzzle solving.

There is platforming in the sense that you'll jump from platform to platform and onto enemy's heads, I guess... but there is never one bit of "technical" platforming like you'd find in NSMB.

They just aren't the same kind of game.

This is Paper Mario 1 & 2, just with realtime combat and a slick 3D gimmick.

I played most of the 1st chapter and I agree with this sentiment. Way, way too much text, even for a Paper Mario game, but the first chapter was fun, if not challenging in any way at all. One thing that's really obnoxious is the switch from holding the remote sideways to pointing at the screen to get information about different items/enemies/obstacles - it's very disorienting constantly having to figure out where you are pointing. Anyway, I'll still be buying it this week.

One disappointment - the game looks ass ugly for the most part when you flip to 3D, which is all the more disappointing because it's so crisp and beautiful in 2D.

Based on what I've heard it seems this isn't the awesome mix of super mario and paper mario we expected, but it still seems like a good game.

I got it today and I have to say, it's absolutely amazing. The graphics are smooth and the 2-D to 3-D dimension changing works really well. The new partners are cool and the Wii controls work great and don't feel like they are tacked on. It's also got the same humor you've come to expect from a Paper Mario game.

Overall, the best game on the Wii I have played so far. It's definately a 10/10 from me.

Koops23 said:
I got it today and I have to say, it's absolutely amazing. The graphics are smooth and the 2-D to 3-D dimension changing works really well. The new partners are cool and the Wii controls work great and don't feel like they are tacked on. It's also got the same humor you've come to expect from a Paper Mario game.

Overall, the best game on the Wii I have played so far. It's definately a 10/10 from me.

i wish i had some acid to tie me over

North99 said:
i wish i had some acid to tie me over

You should try and go into the stores and look instead of relying on what they say on the phone. If you go in and ask them they might say they have some in the back. That's what I did when I went into Target today.

Are GameStop outlets selling the game today, or is it pre-orders only? I'm hoping to pick one up today, but I'm not sure if they'll be selling them.

CaseyCor said:
Are GameStop outlets selling the game today, or is it pre-orders only? I'm hoping to pick one up today, but I'm not sure if they'll be selling them.

I preordered the game from my local gamestop (in Illinois) and they are making us wait until tomorrow to purchase them.

Koops23 said:

Cool 10/10 impressions from this board usually means a 8.5/10 for me.

Back