Super Smash Bros. 4

I don't see why Jigs deserves to stay. Unless every previous fighter stays, there's room for more diverse characters to take its place.

I don't see why Jigs deserves to stay. Unless every previous fighter stays, there's room for more diverse characters to take its place.
She's been in every game so far and there's no reason to get rid of her? -_-

The main thing I was looking at was this:

Roy was taken out - Same moves as Marth
Young Link was removed - Replaced with Toon Link due to Windwaker, etc.
Dr. Mario was removed - Too similar to Mario
Mewtwo - Basically same as YL, taken out for a more up to date Pokemon that has a stronger fan base.
Pichu removed - too similar to Pikachu.

Jigglypuff would only be taken out by a more up to date Pokemon with a similar appearance.

Jigs is unique though
Jigs' got some interesting and unique moves even though she is another pink puff ball

MR is right, Jiggly is unique. Kirby is a tad similar, but they're still two completely different characters.
The main thing I was looking at was this:

Roy was taken out - Same moves as Marth
Young Link was removed - Replaced with Toon Link due to Windwaker, etc.
Dr. Mario was removed - Too similar to Mario
Mewtwo - Basically same as YL, taken out for a more up to date Pokemon that has a stronger fan base.
Pichu removed - too similar to Pikachu.

Jigglypuff would only be taken out by a more up to date Pokemon with a similar appearance.
All of those were introduced in Melee. :p

And all of them, except for Mewtwo, are clones.

That doesn't really matter, IMO. If you only kept people because they were in the original one, then there are some problems there. And if you want your N, you've gotta make sacrifices. We all know the Mario characters can't be outnumbered.

That's why I said they need a newer one with a similar apperance.

Jiggly > N

The original 13 have NEVER not made an appearance in a game. Jiggly is just as important to Smash as Luigi, Ness, etc. But I don't see you guys talking about replacing them.

Pokemon series wise, yes, Jiggly is not super important. But she's made her mark on the Smash Bros. universe, and she's going to stay. I guarantee it.

Because she's not, dude.

When I say Earthbound.. what comes to mind? ... Ness
Mario series? ... Mario & Luigi & Yoshi
F-Zero? ... Captain Falcon

Everyone else are the faces of their game. Jiggly is not even close to reaching that level.

But in the Smash Bros universe, she's just as important. >.>

So the smash universe disregards everything else? So bringing in characters from all around Nintendo isn't about using the most popular ones?

So the smash universe disregards everything else? So bringing in characters from all around Nintendo isn't about using the most popular ones?
*Sigh*

In the Smash Bros universe, tell me, who is more important? Olimar or Jigglypuff?

Olimar is the star of the Pikmin series. So what? Jiggly has been there for all three f-cking games. Every single one of them.

Perhaps Jiggly didn't deserve to get in Smash in the first place. That doesn't matter now, all that matters is that she's in now.

Olimar is more important. Olimar brings in more diversity among games. I'd take him over Jiggly any day.

i have no agreement with the "Smash Universe", simply because I see it just as a way to put characters from different games against each other and not a place with its own seperate values. Popularity is everything.

Which takes me back to my first point:
If you just want to have people there for the sake of them being the original, then that's just not right.
Same thing happened with Marvel vs. Capcom. People began flipping sh*t when they learned X wasn't in it (after he was in 1 and 2), but yet, I find Zero to fit the bill a lot better. Be accepting of change (if it happens), and it'll be better. I guarantee it.

Last edited:
Because she's not, dude.

When I say Earthbound.. what comes to mind? ... Ness
Mario series? ... Mario & Luigi & Yoshi
F-Zero? ... Captain Falcon
To the old guys who played and watched pokémon in their childhood, jigglypuff does come into there minds when pokémon is mentioned

Anyway here is a good reason not to cut Jigglypuff
mr-mr-albums-mr-mr-s-other-gifs-pics-picture9742-sad-jigglypuff-small.gif

And here is another
mr-mr-albums-mr-mr-s-other-gifs-pics-picture9738-guns-pok-mon-small.gif

Last edited:
Back